1.    #1  
    hi all! ok, i am needing to set up some solution tonight for reliable 'push' email to my Cingular 650... i will be receving emails from multiple iMail servers, which i can set up to forward to a single address for convenience.

so, it seems my only problem is, what kind of email account do i need to get 'push w/ notification' on my 650? i noticed that apparently my Cingular service comes w/ a complimentary "XpressMail" account, would this be sufficient for what i am needing?

any suggestions as to what service, and what email client i should be looking at would be wonderful, thx all..!
    XPress can only push mail from an exchange server, any othe POP or IMAP servers you set up can only be pulled at a min of 15 min intervals.
    Really you only option is to use Chatter mail which can get push mail from multiple IMAP servers simultaneously, but only IMAP. POP mail servers don't support push at all.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    XPress can only push mail from an exchange server, any othe POP or IMAP servers you set up can only be pulled at a min of 15 min intervals.
    Really you only option is to use Chatter mail which can get push mail from multiple IMAP servers simultaneously, but only IMAP. POP mail servers don't support push at all.
    hi taylorh, thx for your reply! ok, my iMail accounts are mostly Pop accounts, but my thought was to just create rules to forward emails as they come in to one account, that which i would be receving upon the 650... should i be using Chattermail, in conjunction w/ a paid online IMAP service, like Fusemail and the like? if i sign up w/ Fusemail, will my plan to have multiple email accounts being forwarded to that one address still work..?

thx for any clarification, leaving town tomorrow and would love to get this going tonight..!
    try chatter with fastmail. You can even set up a fastmail account for free. Chatter rocks and has the best customer service .

I push all my pop3 to the fastmail account. It is so quick it is unbelivable.

Retroboy
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroboy
    try chatter with fastmail. You can even set up a fastmail account for free. Chatter rocks and has the best customer service .

I push all my pop3 to the fastmail account. It is so quick it is unbelivable.

Retroboy
    aha! that sounds like exactly what i need, thx a bunch! heading over there now to get setup..!

btw, does Chattermail work w/ gMail accounts? or would i have to forward from them as well..?
    Yes, Gmail/Chatter does work. In this order (mods correct me if wrong/inaccurate/lacking):

1) Setup Fastmail free account
    2) Gmail -----> Fastmail -----> CHATTER
    3 (this is where I'm fuzzy). Search around, but you have to set up a filter in GMail so that when you send FROM the Treo it ends up in your GMail sent folder...
    Search, post more questions, and await editing of my instructions by mods and Chatter affinicados (in that order).
    --JackBauer-CTU24
    (BTW about saving LA - you're welcome
    I agree with retroboy, get an account on fastmail and use chatter for push mail. For push, I have no better suggestion.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I agree with retroboy, get an account on fastmail and use chatter for push mail. For push, I have no better suggestion.
    thx, i don't suppose you could give me some tips on how to set up chatter to work w/ fastmail? i bought a 'member' account over at fastmail, but so far have not found anything in their FAQ's about what the server/IMAP settings should be for Chattermail... i'm going to go poke around over at the Chattermail site for a bit, before i fall into bed..!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    thx, i don't suppose you could give me some tips on how to set up chatter to work w/ fastmail? i bought a 'member' account over at fastmail, but so far have not found anything in their FAQ's about what the server/IMAP settings should be for Chattermail... i'm going to go poke around over at the Chattermail site for a bit, before i fall into bed..!
    This should set you on the right path:

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/faqparts...#ServerDetails
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    This should set you on the right path:

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/faqparts...#ServerDetails
    thx! i've got it working properly and it seems perfect, just what i needed..!