1.    #1  
    Hello,

Tried doing a search, but the subject header on the threads didn't direct me anywhere useful. I did my best to make my subject header useful and succinct for future queries and interests.

+++

Now, on with the show!

+INTRODUCTION
    Just installed the Snapper Mail demo on my T600 and am in the process of getting my Yahoo e-mail accounts (send & receive) to work. This requires a lengthy process, as I figured from reading SnapperMail's user manual.

It looks like you need info for two mail servers: one for Yahoo (incoming .pop) and one for Sprint (outgoing .smtp). The Sprint stuff requires updating your Sprint Vision password (among other things) as I found here:
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#40

+ INCOMING MAIL STUFF (pop)
    Of course, in the "Server" section of the "Edit POP3 Account," entering my Yahoo Mail's POP3 server info for the INCOMING mail section was a snap!

+ OUTGOING MAIL STUFF (smtp)

Before I could change Snaper's outgoing smtp info, I had to do the Sprint Website stuff. Once there, I followed the instructions to the letter, though by reading the notation listed, it may take a few hours for my new Sprint PCS password to be reconginized on my Treo. (The waiting is the hardest part!)

Sidebar: Just as I was entering the new outgoing/smtp data into my Snappermail's "Edit POP3 Account," Sprint--via my T600--chimed in with a SMS type note and told me that I needed to install the Sprint Phone Updater! I clicked on "yes" and it took about 2 minutes or so to finish the job. To be safe, I did a soft reset.

After getting back into Snapper and entering my Sprint smtp info and clicking on OK, I tried sending a sample e-mail from my main Yahoo address to another Yahoo e-mail address I have. I got that "incomplete/e-mail did not go through" message.

+ QUESTION
    So, for those of you who have done this process before, how long did it take for you to to start using your Snapper/Yahoo account (or other e-mail program) after updating your Sprint Vision Password? Imediately? A few hours? Any comments and tips/tricks would are enthusiastically welcomed.

###
  2.    #2  
    I've been doing more research on the subject and may have stumbled on an answer. Please see my other thread here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...334#post570334