1.    #1  
    Ok.. So I've been struggling with my first Bluetooth phone, the Treo 650, for the last few months. Trying to find a headset that does everything well. I've been using the Cardo Scala 500.

It mostly works on the Treo 650 with some drawbacks:
    Redial doesn't work most of the time.
    Low volume (still better then other headsets).
    Headset rings a few seconds after phone starts ringing.
    Distance/Static..

Anyway.. I got an LG PM325 Bluetooth phone from Sprint Yesterday...
    All this stuff works fine on this cheapo Blueooth phone..
    Redial works great
    Volume is much louder.
    Headset rings at exactly the same time as the phone
    Great clarity

How come a cheapo phone that I got for $79 after rebate is much better at Bluetooth then Palm's Flagship Treo 650!!!! Argh!!!!! This is so frustrating
  2.    #2  
    oh.. and did I mention that Bluetooth DUN works out of the box on the LG PM325.. Figures..
    How come a cheapo phone that I got for $79 after rebate is much better at Bluetooth then Palm's Flagship Treo 650!!!! Argh!!!!! This is so frustrating
    That LG 325 is a nice phone. I almost got one for my parents, but they got my old Treo 600. You should stick with the LG if you are interested in just the bluetooth aspect of the phone. That LG is a "bluetooth phone" whereas the treo 650 is a palm based smartphone that has bluetooth as one of its many, many features. The LG also has analog (better signal coverage).

I wish it had better bluetooth as well, as I am patiently waiting for another update. I bet the PDA part of the Treo works alot better than the PDA part of the LG.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  4.    #4  
    Yeah... I need a PDA phone.. The LG won't fill the PDA role, for sure. It's my weekend phone.

I just wish Bluetooth worked better on Treo 650..

I forgot to mention.. Voicedial works on the LG using bluetooth, too.
    Can the LG phone sync contacts, from computer to phone, over BlueTooth?

THANKS
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I was researching that phone about a month ago, and at that time the answer was no. It does, however, have BT DUN working right out of the box. Check out the forums at www.sprintusers.com for info on the LG 325
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    The LG PM325 does not have synching capabilities like Palm or PPC, but you can OBX object push contacts one at a time to it.
    what does an 'OBX object push' entail? haven't heard of it

THANK YOU
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    the reason the lg325 does BT better than the Treo is that LG engineers are better than F1's.
    Plain and simple.

The lack of obex on the 325 was an oversight.

The poor BT implementation on the Treo is poor stack coding by F1 (or Palm).
    I have two employees that both bought PM325's and Moto HS820's last week. They absolutely LOVE them, but we can't seem to get voice dialing to work? How did you and is it headset specific? I noticed you said you were using the Cardo, which is what I use on my Treo. I thought I'd ask and see if "the boss" can't look like a hero when I show them how to do it. Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I called Sprint today and they said that they have fixed the issues with the LG's ---- according to Customer Service, the ones selling, as of now, can now transfer contacts and the spearkerphone is operational - any truth to this?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    what does an 'OBX object push' entail? haven't heard of it

THANK YOU
    http://affix.sourceforge.net/afe/docs/obex_push.html
    Thanks Tony! so if I go this route, then it is one at a time, as you said?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Hasan,

whoever told you that re: the 325 and obex is wrong.

325's that are selling now do not have obex.
    FYI, bluetooth seems to work MUCH better on my unlocked GSM 650 than it did on my outgoing Sprint one. A headset that was going to eBay because it was useless with the Sprint 650 (HS-850) has now become my main headset because it works GREAT. I can answer right away, volume is quite sufficient even in my car.

If you REALLY want the BT and a palm phone, you may want to look into changing carriers. I also hope that palmOne and Sprint update their 650 with whatever they did to the unlocked GSM version (if it's only software).