Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I have a demo copy of snappermail, and i have it scheduled to fetch mail every hour. When it does a fetch, the phone wakes up and turns on. Is this only something to do with the demo copy? or will the full verson do the same.

    Thanks
    Edward
  2. #2  
    do the same.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #3  
    There are some complaints about this at the SnapperMail Yahoo Group. It does turn off immediately afterward, though. Is this really a problem?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eschan
    I have a demo copy of snappermail, and i have it scheduled to fetch mail every hour. When it does a fetch, the phone wakes up and turns on. Is this only something to do with the demo copy? or will the full verson do the same.

    Thanks
    Edward
    What do you mean the phone wakes up and turns on? Snappermail won't work unless the phone/wireless mode is on. You might check p. 33 of your SnapperMail manual for some help.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  5. #5  
    All other mail programs can check mail in the background without taking over the UI and turning the screen on. Why can't SnapperMail?

    It is a bit annoying, I wish they would "fix" it. I love Snapper otherwise.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    All other mail programs can check mail in the background without taking over the UI and turning the screen on. Why can't SnapperMail?

    It is a bit annoying, I wish they would "fix" it. I love Snapper otherwise.

    What programs?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    There are some complaints about this at the SnapperMail Yahoo Group. It does turn off immediately afterward, though. Is this really a problem?
    It's a problem while you are driving at night. Say you are on a dark road (no city lights) and your treo is sitting on your armrest. When it checks mail, the screen illuminates, causing a bright distraction that makes you look down/reach down to turn it over, etc. Certainly, they must be able to engineer the software to check in the background, or at least without waking the screen/keyboard.

    This is also an issue when entering/exiting roaming...but that's another issue altogether...

Posting Permissions