Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    When sending video clips through "Camera", the default "sending" application is Messaging. The only problem is that I'm forced to send clips under 100k. I, or my recipients, receive the under 100k movies in a QT format with a T-Mo signature at the bottom. I'm assuming T-Mo somehow filters the outgoing media message when using Messaging (don't quite understand this). Anway, I can view the moves I receive via Messaging just fine.

    I want to send clips over 100k (again, Messaging won't allow me to) and thought I could use VersaMail to do this. I can grab the video file as an attachment, even rename it to a .mov with fileZ. But when I receive the email on my computer I get the old garbadge text crap. Any thought on what I might be doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
  2.    #2  
    Anybody?...
  3. #3  
    Yo Snoop...just text Paris or Kidrock on yer Sidekick and ask them...Fazzizle my nizzle...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    When sending video clips through "Camera", the default "sending" application is Messaging. The only problem is that I'm forced to send clips under 100k. I, or my recipients, receive the under 100k movies in a QT format with a T-Mo signature at the bottom. I'm assuming T-Mo somehow filters the outgoing media message when using Messaging (don't quite understand this). Anway, I can view the moves I receive via Messaging just fine.

    I want to send clips over 100k (again, Messaging won't allow me to) and thought I could use VersaMail to do this. I can grab the video file as an attachment, even rename it to a .mov with fileZ. But when I receive the email on my computer I get the old garbadge text crap. Any thought on what I might be doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Yes you should be able to do this. Give this a try!

    1. Create/Snap/Take your video. When you are done click on the Save button. It looks like a floppy disk.
    2. Once saved click on home then go to Pics & Videos in the app launcher.
    3. Move down the list until your video you want to send is highlighted.
    4. Push the Menu button (it's the one directly to the right of the home button) and select the 'Send' option. A menu will pop up with 'Bluetooth' and 'Versamail' in it. Choose 'Versamail' and click on 'OK'.
    5. Now just select the email address you want to send the video to and click on 'Send'.
    6. Your done!

    One caveat. I think from the original Versamail docs that it can only send attachments up to 2MB in size. This may be erroneous info though and they may have removed or upped the size limitation.

    I hope this helps! Holla to my peeps!

    -Shawn
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heather_blonde
    Yo Snoop...just text Paris or Kidrock on yer Sidekick and ask them...Fazzizle my nizzle...
    errm? I think you meant "fo shizzle mah nizzle"

    If your going to speak another language, do it right man!

    -Shawn
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrixey
    Yes you should be able to do this. Give this a try!

    1. Create/Snap/Take your video. When you are done click on the Save button. It looks like a floppy disk.
    2. Once saved click on home then go to Pics & Videos in the app launcher.
    3. Move down the list until your video you want to send is highlighted.
    4. Push the Menu button (it's the one directly to the right of the home button) and select the 'Send' option. A menu will pop up with 'Bluetooth' and 'Versamail' in it. Choose 'Versamail' and click on 'OK'.
    5. Now just select the email address you want to send the video to and click on 'Send'.
    6. Your done!
    Shawn...Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, your step-by-step instruction is one of many I've tried but that does not work. Have you tried this yourself? I'm curious if users of SnapperMail have any problems. I can't figure out why the file just shows up as garbadge text when it comes through MMS / Messaging as long as it's lower than a 100k in size. Frustrating!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by heather_blonde
    Yo Snoop...just text Paris or Kidrock on yer Sidekick and ask them...Fazzizle my nizzle...
    errrr....everyone DOESN'T need a Sidekick.
  8. #8  
    I think the wireless carriers locked the builtin apps to max 2 MB upload/download, thus you probably can't send files larger than 2 MB with versmail etc. However, you should be able to do this with snapper afaikafaikafaik...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I think the wireless carriers locked the builtin apps to max 2 MB upload/download, thus you probably can't send files larger than 2 MB with versmail etc. However, you should be able to do this with snapper afaikafaikafaik...
    Right, but the files I'm sending, that are over the 100K limit, are barely over that. For example, I tested a file that was 148K. MMS / Messaging (using T-Mo) won't handle it because it's over 100K and when I try to use Versamail it comes to me as garbled text.

    I'm going to download another trial of Sanppermail and see if it works. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and I'll report back if I find anything.
  10.    #10  
    I believe I figured this out. When I use T-Mo's outgoing mail server, the garbled text is sent. I set up another "account" in versamail and used another outgoing mail server associated with my company. Well, it worked! I was able to send files large video files without any problem.

    I had to switch to T-Mo's outgoing server about last summer when all of a sudden my mail was encoutering an error when being sent. T-Mo said I had to go through their outgoing mail servers. Once I made the change I had no problems...until now. But hey, using my own outgoing mail server and not T-Mo's. It seems to be working and gets my video files accross without any problems. Hope this helps someone else.
  11. backdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #11  
    Worked perfectly for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    Shawn...Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, your step-by-step instruction is one of many I've tried but that does not work. Have you tried this yourself? I'm curious if users of SnapperMail have any problems. I can't figure out why the file just shows up as garbadge text when it comes through MMS / Messaging as long as it's lower than a 100k in size. Frustrating!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    Worked perfectly for me.
    Thanks backdoc for your terrific insight.

    As I'm sure you read in my last post, the problem has to do with T-Mobile and their outgoing mail server for mobile users, and the inability to send files over 100KB through them. Problem solved.

Posting Permissions