1.    #1  
    I did a quick search and didn't see anyone talk about this...

When I'm listening to an MP3 through pTunes and the phone rings, I get BLASTED through my earbuds with the ringtone.....OUCH!

Is this supposed to happen? Is there a fix for this without having to remember to mute your ringtone every time you want to run pTunes?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    My phone puts pTunes on pause and the ringtone comes through the speaker on the phone, not earbuds. Treo 650 GSM. What version of ptunes are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I did a quick search and didn't see anyone talk about this...

When I'm listening to an MP3 through pTunes and the phone rings, I get BLASTED through my earbuds with the ringtone.....OUCH!

Is this supposed to happen? Is there a fix for this without having to remember to mute your ringtone every time you want to run pTunes?
    I know this isn't helpful to solve the problem, but the same thing happens to me. And, anybody that knows how to fix this... you know, we'd appreicate the information, especially given the post about it ringing on the phone for at least one person.

I'm using Pocket Tunes 3.0.6.

One thing I did with the Treo 600 is use the application called "Profiles". I created a profile for when I'm listening to MP3s that turns the ringer off and switches everything to vibrate (which works well for me, as I *usually* remember to switch the profile by pressing and holding down the "Option" key but am too lazy to go to "Prefs->Sounds..", especially since I get very few calls during the day). Now that Profiles works well for the Treo 650 as of a few days ago, I'm starting to do the same thing on the new phone. (Also Unlocked GSM.) It'd be nice of Profiles switched automatically when pTunes was the active "on screen" application. Does anyone know of Real Player has this same problem?
    Possibly your ringer volume is too loud?
    I believe the solution is to put the phone on vibrate. As stated in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=ptunes+call
    Quote Originally Posted by robertruelan
    I believe the solution is to put the phone on vibrate. As stated in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=ptunes+call
    yeah. that pretty much fixes it--if you want it to vibrate. I'd sort of like to to ring still, but only on the phone unit itself (instead of through the earphones).