1.    #1  
    Well, I guess it was a matter of time. I was goofing around with the new Chatter beta that supports attachments, and my phone started acting weird. The typical symptoms:

1. It just reset out of the blue just sitting there, doing nothing.
    2. It reset when I tried to dial a number.
    3. It reset when someone tried to call me.

I was caught in the 650 twilight zone!!!!!

Ok, so I did a hard reset and restored my backup from Tuesday, when I know things were good. I've been testing the phone and so far it works. Chatter works (1.02, I didnt restore the beta). I can call. People can call me.

I doubt it was the Chatter beta's fault. It may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been goofing with PXAClocker (running VFSMark at 500Mhz - woohoo!!!!), installing stuff, removing stuff, and all around just messing with it because it seemed so stable.

What is the lesson to be learned?

Backup often...

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    or maybe the lesson is....goofing around with beta software can cause crashes? And same with messing around with overclocking software and that kind of stuff?.....

I don't know - I'm just thinkin' out loud. I mean - you kinda caused this yourself, wouldn't you say (and maybe that's what you ARE saying).
    what was the error when you dialed #*377?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    ...I don't know - I'm just thinkin' out loud. I mean - you kinda caused this yourself, wouldn't you say (and maybe that's what you ARE saying).
    GUILTY as charged!
    Cingular Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    what was the error when you dialed #*377?
    I had two types - one said a problem is Applications, and the rest said a problem in Phone.
    Cingular Treo 650
    in the read me for the new chatter beta marc warned that this one might be more unstable. As far as PXA, I use the pro version with great success so long as I keep it under 500mhz

There have been two chatter betas today. The first gave me a few resets but the second has been great for a few hours.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    ...As far as PXA, I use the pro version with great success so long as I keep it under 500mhz...
    Oh yeah, its been great for me too, right up to 468Mhz. But I just HAD to push it to 507, you know, its just a guy thing...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Oh yeah, its been great for me too, right up to 468Mhz. But I just HAD to push it to 507, you know, its just a guy thing...
    been there...