1.    #1  
    I got very used to locking my 600 by holding down the off button. I have found that I keep turning off the 650 by using this behavior.

Is there an equivent to this on the 650 or a hack to do this. I know I can option Poweroff but I much prefer a single press.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JakePratt
    I got very used to locking my 600 by holding down the off button. I have found that I keep turning off the 650 by using this behavior.

Is there an equivent to this on the 650 or a hack to do this. I know I can option Poweroff but I much prefer a single press.
    Sure. Use your Security native application to set the Treo to Auto Lock when it is turned off. Once you have that set, the device will require a password when you power up after a manual or automatic shutdown. Just don't forget your password, or your data will be hosed.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. That's not exactly waht I was asking though. What I am after isn't to do a security lock. I want to lock the keyboard (keyguard). I don't always lock my device and usually I do not. I don't like any of the autolock behaviors. I want to always initiate the Keyguard myself (as before).

I really only lock it when I put it on my pocket. I used to do this with a single press of the off button(held down). I am looking for a new way to do this.

Does that make any sense?
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    option + power(red button) will do what you want
    You can also do this if you set Auto-keyguard to go when power is turned off. Then the keys will lock just when you push the off button normally. I guess the only bad effect is when it automatically shuts off the screen after inactivity it locks the keys too, but I like it that way.
    I really dislike the auto keylock too. I only want the keys to lock if I lock them manually. Does anyone know a way to do this? I don't like that I have to unlock the keys everytime. I only lock the phone when I put it in my pocket, which is not most of the time, and I don't want to have to unlock them unless I chose to lock them.
    I think in that case you have to turn off the auto-keylock and then use option-off to lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwpaul
    I think in that case you have to turn off the auto-keylock and then use option-off to lock.
    Do you know how to do that? It doesn't seem possible in preferences, and I couldn't find it in the manual.

You are correct that I want to turn off the auto lock, and I want to be able to manually lock the keys...I just don't know how.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I know about the option power to lock the phone. That's what I am doing right now. It's just that its pretty hard to do one handed.

I would love a hack that would let me hold down the phone button or select button and lock the keyboard but don't want to learn to program in a new language/platform to get it.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Prefs->Keyguard->Disable
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I think Butler does what you have in mind, but I have no experience with it myself. I think you can try it for free, so there's not a lot to lose. http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52726
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Prefs->Keyguard->Disable
    Sorry, I missed the disable option before.

Ok.

Now that I can disable it, how to I make it lock when I want to? Is there a button I can push to lock it easily so that it only locks when I want?

Thanks.