1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anyone post these. They are the internal photos submitted to the FCC. The PDF was too big to submit as a whole so I split it up. I skipped pages 2-4 because they are of the Treo with the battery cover removed, battery in, battery out, etc.
    Last edited by GoodHw; 02/18/2005 at 07:33 PM.
  2.    #2  
    More CDMA pics.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    GSM Treo pics
  4.    #4  
    More GSM pics.
    great pics, i wish they had one of the fron with the keyboard and screen
    Treoing & Loving it
  6.    #6  
    The radio modules looks custom. All I can make out is the CDMA Treo is using Qualcomm chipset and the GSM Treo is using what appears to be the Broadcom BCM2132 chipset.
  7.    #7  
    It looks like increasing the memory is out of the question. I can't tell which chip is the memory, but everything on the main board is a Ball Grid Array (BGA), which requires professional equipment to replace.
    These are publically available PDF's from the FCC website... what's the point of this thread? Sorry I missed it.
    Thats the sexiest naked pics I've seen.. Cant wait to get mines!
    Well I'm naked right now.... no wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by superjimbo801
    These are publically available PDF's from the FCC website... what's the point of this thread? Sorry I missed it.
    To share some info with fellow Treo 650 owners who weren't aware they were available or are happy to have them all here in one place and easily accessible?

Thx for being an a-hole tho.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by superjimbo801
    Have you been to the FCC website? It's so freakin' slow. The goal was to give treonauts some insight and therefore some appreciation of the amount of work and complexity that goes into their device.
    The first time I saw these pics, I posted this:

Do it yourself TREO

I still wonder if it could be done.....
    Thanks for posting. Idiots like me don't think to go to the FCC website to look at the pics, so I'm glad you did.

Do you know which component in these pictures is the Bluetooth radio? I'm wondering if it could be swapped out with one that works better, or is it really a firmware issue that causes it to suck so badly?
    No one's an *****, never mind me.
    If anyone is interested in GSM AT command sets and wants to see if anything intersting can be done with the Treo 650's radio, I'll post some links to the specs I found.

It was in this fashion I was able to select a higher voice codec rate.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    interesting that they use the Tr74 transister vs the ML verison.