Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am still waiting for the SanDisk 2GB Sd card to come out (Sandisk says they should be out in a month). Will the 650 be capable of handling and accessing this high volume card? I know it may not be able to take advantage of the high speed of the ultra II, but I just want to make sure that it will see all 2Gb of the card so I can access it.
    I forget where the post is. But yes the 650 can read 2GB as confirmed by either somone at Sandisk or ATP. However, there is a post in the SD(IO) forum that states that the 2GB Ultra II has been recalled or is not going to be in production (probably due to some problems).
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    On the P1 Roadshow telecon a few weeks ago they said up to 2Gb is confirmed to work.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Called Sandisk and they said the regular and Ultra II 2 gb cards should be out within one month. one internet site says they are shipping 2/22. We shall see.
    Confirmation from palmOne
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(8711),ts=Palm_External2001
    and
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(34080),ts=Palm_External2001
    We have done quite a bit of internal testing with our 2GB and a Treo 650. No problems as of yet. We also have a few field testers out there with that particular device. No problems yet. After more people start using them, perhaps then an issue will come up. But thats why I'm lurking on these boards =D

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsieh
    We have done quite a bit of internal testing with our 2GB and a Treo 650. No problems as of yet. We also have a few field testers out there with that particular device. No problems yet. After more people start using them, perhaps then an issue will come up. But thats why I'm lurking on these boards =D

-Jeff
    Hello Jeff,

Do you know when or where the ATP 2gb SD cards will be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by la3541
    Hello Jeff,

Do you know when or where the ATP 2gb SD cards will be available?
    What he said.

I'm very interested in the 2GB card as well.
    They've actually been shipping for a few weeks already, just not in large quantities to our retailers here in the US.

ATP was actually primarily focused on OEM before which is why our engineering, durabilty, and QA support are our strengths. Because of this unfortunately, our 2GB is getting eaten up by those guys first. We are shipping to retailers and people will be able to buy and not just read review after review very soon! =D

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Jeff,

What will the 2g card retail for?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV
    Jeff,

What will the 2g card retail for?
    Lenny,

This is completely up to our retailers but I'm guessing they'll be selling for the full MSRP of $249.99 since they know nobody else is really shipping them yet. After other manufacturers catch up and start appearing everywhere the prices will drop fast.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info Jeff. You are very helpful

Lenny
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    After more people start using them, perhaps then an issue will come up. But thats why I'm lurking on these boards =D

-Jeff
    Well if I could find them ..... I mighta been one fo them <grin>
    would the sandisk Ultra II 2gig sd card work on the T600?

I figure if I get this card when it's released, I won't have to buy a SD card for quite sometime (and repurpose it when I get my next Treo upgrade).

###
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Jeff,

Are there plans for 3,4, or 5 gig cards? I love the idea of having a pohne with the capacity nearing an ipod mini. I am sure the 650 will not be able to utilize a lager than 2g card but I am looking forward to having the next generation of palm smartphone.

Thanks,

Lenny
    Lenny

Jeff,

Are there plans for 3,4, or 5 gig cards? I love the idea of having a pohne with the capacity nearing an ipod mini. I am sure the 650 will not be able to utilize a lager than 2g card but I am looking forward to having the next generation of palm smartphone.

Thanks,

Lenny
    there are plans for at least a 4 gig card, but as of right now we dont know if they will work with the treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Jeff,

Thanks,

Lenny
    Hi Lenny,

As soon as Samsung releases their 4Gbit NAND ICs, we should be able to make 4GB cards right away. Compatability, however, will probably be much more difficult with the 4GB. The reason is because the format for the 4GB will have to be fat32. Currently, most devices on the market including the Treo650 read fat16 only. This can potentially be sorted out with firmware updates, but I doubt something like this would be high on their list of things to fix. Despite being able to make the 4GB cards, because of issues like this, I don't know when it will actually be released. All I can say is that it will be out by the end of the year for sure.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    4gb by the end of the year.. wow..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Hi Lenny,

As soon as Samsung releases their 4Gbit NAND ICs, we should be able to make 4GB cards right away. Compatability, however, will probably be much more difficult with the 4GB. The reason is because the format for the 4GB will have to be fat32. Currently, most devices on the market including the Treo650 read fat16 only. This can potentially be sorted out with firmware updates, but I doubt something like this would be high on their list of things to fix. Despite being able to make the 4GB cards, because of issues like this, I don't know when it will actually be released. All I can say is that it will be out by the end of the year for sure.

-Jeff
    Wouldn't it be possible to set it up as two, 2GB cards so that older devices could still use them?
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    4gb by the end of the year.. wow..
    maybe they will even be availble b4 the 2 gig cards.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast