Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    maybe they will even be availble b4 the 2 gig cards.
    lol
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsieh
    Compatability, however, will probably be much more difficult with the 4GB. The reason is because the format for the 4GB will have to be fat32. Currently, most devices on the market including the Treo650 read fat16 only. This can potentially be sorted out with firmware updates, but I doubt something like this would be high on their list of things to fix. Despite being able to make the 4GB cards, because of issues like this, I don't know when it will actually be released.
    Would it be possible to "format" it as twin 2 GB partitions ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Would it be possible to "format" it as twin 2 GB partitions ?
    Where have I heard that before?
    Does anyone know if this 4gb to two 2gb formating could/will happen? That would be awsome.
    From P1 support:
    Maximum SD card size: 2GB. Although it's possible to use SD expansion cards larger than 2GB, you won't be able to use the full capacity of the card. That's because the FAT16 file system used by Palm OS for SD cards has a limitation of 2GB. You can format a larger card with FAT16, but you won’t be able to use the full size of the card (only 2GB is useable).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Yes we can definitely do special formatting and dual partitioning. Since we're the manufacturer we have full control of the firmware and doing stuff on the card side isn't usually the issue. The issue is usually getting the device to be okay with it. That being said, I'm not sure how you would be able to get a treo to read multiple partitions out of a single card.

-Jeff
    www.atpinc.com
    jwh@us.atpinc.com
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    With the retail for a 2g card going for 249.00 you could probably buy another Treo for the cost of a 4g card!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12