1.    #1  
    There seem to be people trying to load or run hacks and/or custom ROM re-flashes that are for CDMA radios only (The Treo650 for Sprint/Verizon) these will in some cases ruin your bran new GSM Treo650(AT&T/Cingular/T-Mobile etc).

Just trying to help out some treo owners from messing their phones up. The CDMA version and GSM version are not the same. If in doubt, make a post or don't do it.

Hope this help someone.
    Regards, Matt

So even though these two version look the same (more or less) and the PDA portion is the same (more or less) the radio is totaly different between the two.

The "radio" is the phone portion per se. The CDMA version works on a different frequency then the GSM version, as well as them being totaly incompatible with each other. Think of it as a Chevy HD pickup. Even though the Gas powered and diesel version look the same, the motors are not the same at all, kind of the same here. Not untill you look under the hood (or pop the cover in the Treo's case) will you notice it. I think the GSM version uses the Broadcom BCM2132 chip and I am unsure about the CDMA version, does anyone know? Is it a Qualcom?
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 02/18/2005 at 02:29 PM.
    When Gsm-specific Programs, Roms & Hacks Start To Appear! Don't Load These On To Your Sprint Phone! I'm taking bets some noob will do this too!
    Last edited by SofTTware; 02/18/2005 at 03:57 PM.
    you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!
    Sometimes you feel like a nut...

sometimes you don't
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Isn't that why Jeffrey Dahmer kept testicles in the fridge?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    two for me ....... none for you!!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....