Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there was a difference between them (3.1 and 3.1H2). thanks
    3.1H2?... I've not seen or heard about that but 3.1H is the Handspring-enhanced OS contained in the Visor. They "tweaked" it a bit and removed some of the "wait states" (making it a little faster) and also enabled the USB for syncing. There are also the "enhanced" applications like Datebook+, CityTime, and the Advanced-mode of the Calculator.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!
    i have h2 and i was pondering the difference myself
    How do you check for 3.1h2?

tyler
    now if i could just learn to post and edit correctly

[This message has been edited by Charo (edited 07-12-2000).]
    Originally posted by Charo:
    Mine says Applications v3.0.1H and Palm OS Software v3.1H2

To find both go to the Application Launcher icon screen by tapping on the home, tap on Menu (botton left corner) then at the top in the menu bar tap on App, tap on Info,tap on Version.

Repeat above but tap on Options (instead of App), tap on About Applications.

[This message has been edited by Charo (edited 07-12-2000).]
    Originally posted by Charo:
    Mine says Applications v3.0.1H and Palm OS Software v3.1H2
    That's odd. Mine says "Palm OS Software v3.1". I wonder why mine is missing the H at the end?

------------------
    Jay
  9. mc9
    I think I read in some other thread that the main change in OS 3.1H2 is that the additional apps like DBook+ etc. are locked and cannot be beamed.
    I have no first-hand experience, though.

Any ideas?
  10.    #10  
    Mc9, you are right the date book + app on the 3.1H2 handspring is locked. but on my 3.1 handspring it is not. But I'm also thinking that there might be some other differences between the two. Anyone else have any another ideas? thanks
    Thanks Charo! I appreciate all the effort you went through to get me that answer!

I too only have Palm OS 3.1 listed after such a procedure -- which was why I asked how to find the version. I tried this before my post, but due to the lack of an "h" on the version numbers I found I thought I might be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks again,
    tyler
    huh...I've got version 3.0.1H which i remember many others having...I got my visor in the middle of november. Datebk+ is NOT beamable.
    Well, it's not supposed to be beamable

Doesn't mean it isn't.
    The difference between 3.1H and 3.1H2 is that Datebook+, Citytime, Advanced Calc, etc. can't be beamed with 3rd party programs. None of them can be beemed with the PalmOS "Beam..." command but on 3.1H you can beam them by downloading some program off of PalmGear.
    For someone who has 3.1H2, could you check to see if they have fixed this very very minor bug? Run the Prefs app, go to the network panel, then press the "Details..." button. Under 3.1H there is a euro (€) character next to the Query DNS check box. Is it still there under 3.1H2?

[This message has been edited by potter (edited 07-13-2000).]
  16.    #16  
    potter, no the bug has not been fixed in the 3.1h2.
    Just a few days ago I checked the most recently posted software update from Handspring. It says HotSync Mgr and Desktop are both 2.6... also the latest OS I have is OS 3.0.2, so where is everyone getting the 3.1/H2?
    Originally posted by mahze:
    Just a few days ago I checked the most recently posted software update from Handspring. It says HotSync Mgr and Desktop are both 2.6... also the latest OS I have is OS 3.0.2, so where is everyone getting the 3.1/H2?
    2.6 is the version for the Palm Desktop for the Mac. 3.0.2, I do not know where you are getting that from, I assume from one of the apps, like the launcher. The OS version can be checked by:
    • Running the default Launcher
    • Press Menu, App, Info...
    • At the bottom, press the Version button.
    • The top line will change to something like
      Palm OS™ Software v.3.1

[Edited by potter on 11-03-2000 at 08:49 AM]
    Originally posted by mahze:
    so where is everyone getting the 3.1/H2?
    see my 1st post above
    Hi people,
    There is now 3.1/H3!!!!!!
    You get it when you go to the web site and "update" to fix the dram problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast