Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I went to create an SMTP profile with the "New SMTP Profile Only" menu option. But I have a problem. I want/need to use the "Upload sent items to ..." option but it only lists folders in the first Account that I created. Would it be possible to have an option to select which account to use so that I could then select an upload folder in that account.

thanks

Dave
    Just create the Profile "in" the account you want to upload with... (i.e. view a Mailbox in that account when you create the Profile).

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I tried that (before I posted and now again, just to be sure) but it doesn't work.

I am running 1.0.2. Do I need 1.0.3 for this to work? I will be upgrading soon.

Right now I have only two mailboxes configured in Chatter and each is a separate account. I'll call them A and B. A was created first. If I am viewing the list of messages in folder A and I try to create the profile, then I get account A's folder list for the upload folder. If I then cancel, I go back to the message list for folder A.

If I am viewing the message list for folder B and I try to create the profile, I still get account A's folder list for upload folder. But interestingly enough, if I cancel out, I am returned to folder A's message list even though I started in folder B's list.
    carrel - Hmm, I guess I have to look at that...

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to 1.0.3b7. I did a full wipe of chatter. (Have chatter reset for upgrade, delete 3 chatter apps, reset again, throw salt over shoulder, reset again, then hotsync the three prcs)

I then recreated mailboxes/accounts A & B (creating A first again) but now no matter which folder I am "in" when I try to create a new profile, I only see account B's folder list for the upload folder.

On this version of chatter, I created account A and synced it all up, then account B and synced, and then I tried to create a profile while in account B. I think (though I am not sure) that on the previous version, I first tried to create a profile when in account A. So could it be that it is associating with an account the first time a profile is created, and then using that account for all future profiles, no matter which account you are "in" when you try to create it?

Dave
    Hi, Dave. I'll look into that tomorrow.

Marc