1.    #1  
    I thought I was one of the fortunate ones that had a flawless 650, but my string of luck has ended with the very irritating ailment of having my Call Log feature disappear on me.

I was thinking of loading a new splash screen to see if that brings the feature back along with detailed call listings, but I still havnt managed to upload a custom splash that has worked seamlessly with my GSM 650 (a few weird icons show up on my dial screen)?

I really dont want to do a hard reset but it seems like thats my only option right now. Any suggestions?
    Please tell me you are not loading a CDMA splash screen .prc file.

No one has made a custom splash screen for the GSM yet, right?

The .prc you loaded is in RAM, delete that and the ROM version will take over
  3.    #3  
    Yes I tried loading a Sprint splash screen on my GSM phone and it actually worked. The only flaws I experienced were these icons that were permanently afixed to my dial pad screen. Annoying but still useable. Still, I deleted the splash screen because I didnt want to risk instability in the long run.

My problem has nothing to do with that though. The call log feature is preinstalled its not a patch. It was working fine before but now has disappeared. Screw it im hard resetting...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Yes I tried loading a Sprint splash screen on my GSM phone and it actually worked. The only flaws I experienced were these icons that were permanently afixed to my dial pad screen. Annoying but still useable. Still, I deleted the splash screen because I didnt want to risk instability in the long run.

My problem has nothing to do with that though. The call log feature is preinstalled its not a patch. It was working fine before but now has disappeared. Screw it im hard resetting...
    the Sprint CDMA (yours is a GSM) carrier hack, for CDMA Treo's only, is the problem. A app in RAM will run over the one in ROM. So delete the one you loaded that was a Sprint one and all should be good.
    I thought I was one of the fortunate ones that had a flawless 650, but my string of luck has ended with the very irritating ailment of having my Call Log feature disappear on me.

I was thinking of loading a new splash screen to see if that brings the feature back along with detailed call listings, but I still havnt managed to upload a custom splash that has worked seamlessly with my GSM 650 (a few weird icons show up on my dial screen)?

I really dont want to do a hard reset but it seems like thats my only option right now. Any suggestions?
    I have the same problem - no more call log when you press the phone button twice.

Didn't even install any new apps yet as I'm still waiting for my 1gig sd card.

I suspect this has something to do with the voicemail issue.

So I'm also as anxious as you are.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    What software do you have installed and what version of the phone do you have (Sprint, Cingular or unlocked GSM)? I suspect the disappeared call log is some hangover setting from another device or perhaps some odd interaction from some software like Lightwav.

Any app that duplicates the Phone PRC app would also be a likely culprit. e.g. skinning apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwomwom
    What software do you have installed and what version of the phone do you have (Sprint, Cingular or unlocked GSM)? I suspect the disappeared call log is some hangover setting from another device or perhaps some odd interaction from some software like Lightwav.

Any app that duplicates the Phone PRC app would also be a likely culprit. e.g. skinning apps.
    I agree, but the true test is after the hard reset. It may be the Cingular VM bug doing this too?
    i had the same problem, but tracked it down to contacts5.. it's not fully 650 compatible, yet.. unfortunately, after trying everything, the only thing that brought it back was a hard reset..
    This link and download will fix your problem. Try it and post an outcome.

http://www.shsh.com/downloads/btnfix.zip
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    This link and download will fix your problem. Try it and post an outcome.

http://www.shsh.com/downloads/btnfix.zip
    Sorry I didnt catch this post before. The hard reset worked, everything is back to normal. It took me hours getting all the settings and applications back online though. Whew.

Whoever commented on Contacts5 was probably right. I unsuccessfully tried installing that app on my device a few days ago and thats when the call log feature disappeared, even after deleting the program.

Thanks everyone.
    Sorry I didnt catch this post before. The hard reset worked, everything is back to normal. It took me hours getting all the settings and applications back online though. Whew.

Whoever commented on Contacts5 was probably right. I unsuccessfully tried installing that app on my device a few days ago and thats when the call log feature disappeared, even after deleting the program.

Thanks everyone.
    Good deal. Also got me thinking, the Call Duration info is what would have been hosed perhaps with the Sprint .prc not the call log.
    Also if you use Datebook5, make sure you use the treo650 one, or it will steal the button too (great app BTW)
    At least your back in the saddel again!
    Regards,
    So this may have been from the uncapatiable SIM cards? Did yo have one of those by change? Just curious.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/556-1.htm