1.    #1  
    seikosmart.com
    software via pen and infrared port that puts notes and drawings on the palm instantly. Need this type of software for work. Sold at Staples. Told by Seiko that this would not work with Visors?

Has anyone tried? Recommendations on other Visor software products that will do the same thing. Will not learn another language and need drawings to show up. Help
    An interesting product, but I'm not sure I'd care for the bulk. However, different strokes . . . . More to your points:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>I'm guessing that the reason it won't work with the Visor is that the IR transmitter is not oriented appropriately for the Visor. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't work. If you positioned the Visor correctly, it might work (as you only need OS v3.1 - which the Visor does meet). See if they'll let buy it on approval.
    <LI>I don't see the point of this product because there are products that allow you to draw/sketch right on your Visor. This is not an activity that I'm given to (no aptitude), but Diddle/Diddlebug would be a good place to start ( http://blevins.simplenet.com/palm/ ).
    <LI>I'm guessing that the appeal of the seikosmart product is the feel and control that someone skilled with pen and paper can leverage? </UL>
    Other reasons why it Seiko said that it was not compatible with the Visor: <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> The Seiko tech has a list that says the software is compatible with..., Visor not on the list, therefore it is not compatible. <LI> On the products pages it states under the System Requirements:
    Palm™ III series or later. Not compatible with Palm or Palm Pro that has been upgraded to Palm III.
    I can come up with two reasons that it is not compatible with the earlier Palms devices. First, the IR port in an upgraded Palm is slightly underneath the device. When setting in there case, it might press into the soft backing and be obscured from the IR port of the case. Second, it could be incompatible if the software that runs on the Palm device directly accesses the IR port hardware instead of going through the API calls. The IR hardware is different in an upgraded PalmPilot Pro then in a true Palm III. Alas, and the IR hardware in the Visor is different again. </UL>
    This is completely off of the subject but....

All of your nicknames have to do with plants.

Thorne, Yucca and Potter.

Just found that amusing (yes, I'm easily amused).

OEP
    Originally posted by Old El Paso:
    This is completely off of the subject but....

All of your nicknames have to do with plants.

Thorne, Yucca and Potter.

Just found that amusing (yes, I'm easily amused).

OEP
    The seed of discovery?

------------------
    Jay

[This message has been edited by frasej (edited 07-19-2000).]