Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm leaning toward a pouch style case (perhaps the Bellagio horizontal), but was wondering why people choose a clip holster style (like the ProClip) vs. a pouch. It seems the clip holster would not be quite as protective, I might scratch the Treo if I bumped into door jams or might even eject my precious if I happened to bump the release clip into something. The clips may be faster for release and answer, I suppose. Is that the primary advantage?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Clip holsters don't provide any good protection for your $600.00 investment. Most clips have awkward insert and remove techniques, so there might not be a significant advantage in whether it is faster to use than a pouch. Using a clip will obviously show everyone you have a Treo 650 but for my peace of mind, I use a leather pouch. Check out this:
    http://www.gizmoskin.com/treo600.htm
    You can buy this case at ebay from the actual maker instead of from the gizmoskin site for cheaper. Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    e-ho, saw that case in another thread - do you have one? How is it? It looks slimmer than other belt clips. Might be a good choice, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    e-ho, saw that case in another thread - do you have one? How is it? It looks slimmer than other belt clips. Might be a good choice, thanks.

I bought that case and stopped using my Pro-Clip. I cut the flap off and it is extremely easy to get phone in and out. I have egrips so I don't worry about the phone sliding out.
    Hm. I've got one of those on order, along with a set of egrips. Why cut off the flap?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    can someone tell me about the clip on this case?? is it different from other cases?
    look on ebay.. i believe the same person on that site sells them on ebay but for a cheaper price .. if i'm not mistaken like 18.99 with buy it now option then ofcourse plus shipping..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My leather case is supposed to arrive in a couple days so I will comment on it then. The ebay route is the way to go since I got it for $18.99 versus $40.00 on the gizmoskin site. I do think in my opinion from the pictures it is the best looking case out there and the clip is low profile too. And yeah, why cut off the flap ?

My case arrived today ( 2/23/05 ) and here is my opinion:
    It is the nicest pouch case option so far, especially for the price.
    The leather is the perfect thickness and the stitching is first rate.
    The case does not add any size or thickness to the Treo.
    The magnet that closes the top flap has a secure feeling when it closes.
    The Treo can sit inside the case in either direction.
    The clip is nice and tight to the belt and maintains a low profile to the body.
    And most importantly, when the phone virbration alert occurs, there is no problem not being able to detect the alert.
    Last edited by ehosey2; 02/23/2005 at 03:31 PM. Reason: My case arrived.
    I got one of these cases. I think it's pretty good, and as the flap is magnetic, not a huge issue to use.

The clip is designed for a relatively thick belt. As I usually wear a web belt, it slides around a lot. Otherwise, I think it's a good choice if you buy it from ebay.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepdiver
    Hm. I've got one of those on order, along with a set of egrips. Why cut off the flap?
    It's just easier to get in and out with one hand. With the flap off, it's like a quick draw.
    Alrighty. I'll be checking that out when mine gets here.
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    I got one of these cases. I think it's pretty good, and as the flap is magnetic, not a huge issue to use.

The clip is designed for a relatively thick belt. As I usually wear a web belt, it slides around a lot. Otherwise, I think it's a good choice if you buy it from ebay.

Tom

Can this be worn with sweat pants or shorts without a belt? I'm looking to buy a case or clip holster, but not sure witch one fits my needs the best. Can anyone recommend something I can use when I am outdoors running or biking, and slim enough to fit under a clinic coat?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    Can this be worn with sweat pants or shorts without a belt? I'm looking to buy a case or clip holster, but not sure witch one fits my needs the best. Can anyone recommend something I can use when I am outdoors running or biking, and slim enough to fit under a clinic coat?

Yes it can. I have clippe mine to my sweats or shorts at the gym.
    Yup, WAAAY cheaper on e-bay... Got mine from this guy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5753663913

Everyone in my office has been buying these as they saw mine
    Quote Originally Posted by 650nut
    Yup, WAAAY cheaper on e-bay... Got mine from this guy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5753663913

Everyone in my office has been buying these as they saw mine

Just bought one from this seller also. I was just wondering how strong the magnet is, and if it will affect the screen or memory on the 650?
    I keep mine facing inward and have had no problems with the magnet. If you think about the speaker in the Treo probably has a magnet in it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I keep mine facing inward and have had no problems with the magnet. If you think about the speaker in the Treo probably has a magnet in it as well.

Even though it uses a magnet in the earpiece, I would imaging Palm would use a videoshielded magnet like the ones used in home theater speakers. Just a thought.
    I would think so, but I would have thought they would have done several things different in their designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    I'm leaning toward a pouch style case (perhaps the Bellagio horizontal), but was wondering why people choose a clip holster style (like the ProClip) vs. a pouch. It seems the clip holster would not be quite as protective, I might scratch the Treo if I bumped into door jams or might even eject my precious if I happened to bump the release clip into something. The clips may be faster for release and answer, I suppose. Is that the primary advantage?

I was recently deciding between a holster and a pouch also. I ordered both the Proclip holster and the Covertec pouch. In the end, I felt much more secure placing my $600 Treo into the pouch than in a holster, so I ended up sending back the holster. The only thing I dislike about having the Treo in a pouch is the fact that you can barely hear the ringtones because the pouch muffles the sound (at least with my pouch). The holster has the speaker facing outwards, so you can easily hear ringtones. I usually have my phone on vibrate when it's in the pouch, so it's not that big a deal to me.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    I was recently deciding between a holster and a pouch also. I ordered both the Proclip holster and the Covertec pouch. In the end, I felt much more secure placing my $600 Treo into the pouch than in a holster, so I ended up sending back the holster. The only thing I dislike about having the Treo in a pouch is the fact that you can barely hear the ringtones because the pouch muffles the sound (at least with my pouch). The holster has the speaker facing outwards, so you can easily hear ringtones. I usually have my phone on vibrate when it's in the pouch, so it's not that big a deal to me.
    That's helpful, thanks. Can you feel the vibrate when the Treo is in the Covertec pouch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast