Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My review to those interested of the unique leather case option.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    My leather case is supposed to arrive in a couple days so I will comment on it then. The ebay route is the way to go since I got it for $18.99 versus $40.00 on the gizmoskin site. I do think in my opinion from the pictures it is the best looking case out there and the clip is low profile too. And yeah, why cut off the flap ?

My case arrived today ( 2/23/05 ) and here is my opinion:
    It is the nicest pouch case option so far, especially for the price.
    The leather is the perfect thickness and the stitching is first rate.
    The case does not add any size or thickness to the Treo.
    The magnet that closes the top flap has a secure feeling when it closes.
    The Treo can sit inside the case in either direction.
    The clip is nice and tight to the belt and maintains a low profile to the body.
    And most importantly, when the phone virbration alert occurs, there is no problem not being able to detect the alert.
    I hope it works this time.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Update :
    My leather case is supposed to arrive in a couple days so I will comment on it then. The ebay route is the way to go since I got it for $18.99 versus $40.00 on the gizmoskin site. I do think in my opinion from the pictures it is the best looking case out there and the clip is low profile too. And yeah, why cut off the flap ?

My case arrived today ( 2/23/05 ) and here is my opinion:
    It is the nicest pouch case option so far, especially for the price.
    The leather is the perfect thickness and the stitching is first rate.
    The case does not add any size or thickness to the Treo.
    The magnet that closes the top flap has a secure feeling when it closes.
    The Treo can sit inside the case in either direction.
    The clip is nice and tight to the belt and maintains a low profile to the body.
    And most importantly, when the phone virbration alert occurs, there is no problem not being able to detect the alert.
    Good review. I agree with it. Mine just came today and one thing I like is that the rotating clip has enough resistance to stay in a horizontal position so that if you want it to be horizontal, it will stay that way and if you want it to be vertical, it will stay in that position as well. Still, it does require that you take the treo in and out (like all pouch cases) and thus you are more likely to drop it. Putting a tacky backing on the treo will doubtless help that problem, but I have also ordered a Vaja case and figure it is an either/or sort of proposition. I will use this one till the Vaja comes and then see which I like better.....

Best,

-Luvwine
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Yeah, I agree too about the clip having good reststance to rotating. As we know, the Treo is a somewhat slippery piece of hardware and is susceptible to dropping. But... there is more comfort in knowing that when putting the Treo back into the case, the chance of dropping it is greatly reduced than say if placing it in one of those proclip type holsters. By the way, I put my Treo in to the pouch with the face towards my body for that bit of extra protection. For $18.99 plus shipping, the pouch is a great deal.
    I mentrioned this earlier in the thread but thought I would add it again since it was a ways back. I added the egrips and my Treo does not come close to sliding out. I have cut off the top flap simply because I like the way I can get the phone in and out without it. And, the egrips holds it very secure that I don't worry about it sliding out. I ordered another one yesterday, again from ebay. Just in case we can't get them at that price much longer. I stopped using my Pro-Clip after I received the case.
    Update :
    Does it have a cutout for attaching the earphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinhar
    Does it have a cutout for attaching the earphones?
    No, but since I cut the flap off, I have been able to attach the earphones and slide the Treo into the case.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I love the look of this case, however I hate the fact that it has that damn clip. I keep the phone in my pocket and don't want the Batman utility belt thing going. For those of you that have the case, does the clip seem like it could be removed without any damage to the case? I know that the website listed it as not removable, which of course I read to mean "removable and re-attachable if you want." I'd like to cut the clip off if possible...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12