Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is this a common problem? If so, has anyone successfully exchanged for a new one based on this and is the problem fixed?
    My 650 GSM does this sometimes... and for the life of me I can not figure out why. My roomates is the same way. My Sprint 650 did not do this however, unless I'm just not remembering.

I don't think it's just your phone.

Eventually it will come back to life after freaking out and hitting every button etc.

Weird.
    Did you leave DUN turned on?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It happens independent of that, but I know what you're referring to with DUN (it's much worse if I forget to disable it!)...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The problem is much worse when DUN is turned on... With DUN turned off it happens less frequently but still happens.

Sh** I just had a Eureka...

I don't think this happens when I have Bluetooth turned off!!

I think this is why I didn't experience the issue on the Sprint 650, I didn't get my bluetooth headset until 2 months after I had my Sprint 650, and I kept my bluetooth off most of the time because of the battery drain.
    There is another thread that mentions that turning off Bluetooth decreases the lag in the power button. I tried it, and it did seem to make a difference.
    Zane
    This all makes perfect sense. Chatter made my phone a little laggy too. It would seem that Bluetooth running in the background would have the same effect, intermitantly doing whatever bluetooth does and making the phone unresponsive.

I've noticed sometimes other things lag from time to time for no reason, not just wait for the phone to turn on.
    Well I'm just playing with my phone, turned off Bluetooth, and the thing powers on in less than half a second every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjimbo801
    Well I'm just playing with my phone, turned off Bluetooth, and the thing powers on in less than half a second every time.
    Me, too, what a difference it makes!
    <br>
    Just tried this on my Sprint 650, bluetooth off and on, no difference. Fast turn off and turn on.
    I've had this problem with my Sprint T650 but it's very intermittent. Sometimes I just wonder if I didn't fully hit the button, other times it takes several careful presses. Most of the time the problem isn't there at all. The pattern makes sense if it happens when the phone is doing something "in the background." A couple of times I've been convinced my phone was hosed, and then after several minutes it just went back to normal. I tend to leave bluetooth on, and I use Chatter.
    this is a common bug in 650s... sometimes it goes away, other times you need a reset.

no fix

more fun F1 stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Just tried this on my Sprint 650, bluetooth off and on, no difference. Fast turn off and turn on.
    The turn on/turn off has always been fast for me. What I'm referring to is how fast you can click power after it's recovering from a previous power click. In other words, if I click power twice in a half-second, the second power will not register. I have to pause between clicks. But, with BT turned off, there does seem to be a noticable difference in the recover time.
    <br>
    I had one Treo650 that had an unresponsive power button from the start. The phone would always turn off when you pushed the button but it would only turn on every once in a while. It was easy to test by simply turning the phone on and off repeatedly (Waiting around a second between pushes. Even a good Treo wonít turn on if itís pressed too fast). Occasionally the phone would not turn on. Doing a hard reset seemed to help it a little but the problem would come right back after a little use. Sometimes the only way to get the phone to turn on was to do a reset. If your phone does this go get it replaced. On a side note I have noticed the Treo 650 turns on faster if it does not have a SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJ
    I had one Treo650 that had an unresponsive power button from the start. The phone would always turn off when you pushed the button but it would only turn on every once in a while. It was easy to test by simply turning the phone on and off repeatedly (Waiting around a second between pushes. Even a good Treo wonít turn on if itís pressed too fast). Occasionally the phone would not turn on. Doing a hard reset seemed to help it a little but the problem would come right back after a little use. Sometimes the only way to get the phone to turn on was to do a reset. If your phone does this go get it replaced. On a side note I have noticed the Treo 650 turns on faster if it does not have a SD card.
    So you haven't had any problems with the power button after replacing your Treo? Mine refuses to turn on about once a day. It's annoying, but I don't know if it bothers me enough to replace it, especially when the new one might ust do the same thing! A chatter/bluetooth connection makes more sense to me (I use both), but am I right that people don't think the multiple-press-to-turn-on problem has anything to do with Chatter/bluetooth?
    The only time I've seen this was after uninstalling Shadowmites patch. Put it back in, confirmed DUN was still 'off' and my power button is MUCh happier. I've noticed once in a very great while I'd not get it to come back on after shutting off, but for the most part its been very responsive. I leave bluetooth on all the time - hadn't noticed much power lag - only sometimes my headset (HBH-660) lags connecting after powering up the phone.

Setup chatter a few days ago - haven't noticed any lag due to it yet...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have not experienced this problem until yesterday, and it happened once yesterday and once this evening. I am completed puzzled as to what it could be. Ive had my treo since January with no problem like this, and now twice in 24 hours! Anyone else have anything new to add to this?
    If you are a Cingular customer, you are not alone - I've had to do soft resets about 4 times since Sunday. The last error code #*377 dial says:
    A crash occurred while running unknown application. GSM.c, line:2553, Radio did not respond to open modem channel.

Can anyone shed any light on this.
    This "was: a rock solid unlocked T650 and nothing was installed to cause this.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, it stopped when i removed the battery graph program and made sure i had plenty of internal memory available (over 10 megs). Maybe either or both will help you.
    no battery graph program here - had issues with it on the T600 and never installed it on the T650 - which was a clean install. I also have 11.6 meg free ram - this seems to be more of a network GPRS issue rather than hardware... I hope.... Hoping others can confirm that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast