1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo since "day 1" (or close). I haven't changed my set up for two months or so. Now all of a sudden, my Palm automatically resets as it is backing up the calendar (Outlook). I've turned the sync off for everything and tried and still the same thing. Heres the error in my Log:

HotSync operation started for Dana A. Max, Psy.D. on 02/18/05 08:10:35

Pocket Quicken 2.0 doing nothing
    OK Pocket Quicken 2.0
    Adobe Reader -
    Quick Install - Sync configured to Do Nothing.
    Outlook Calendar
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    OLERR:05-0003
    OLERR:0D-0004
    The connection with the handheld was lost.
    OLERR:05-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    OLERR:08-0001
    Outlook Date Book
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Address Book
    OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook To Do List
    OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Memo Pad
    OLERR:08-0001
    HanDBase error: 02/18/05 08:11:33
    - Synchronization initialization failed
    Conduit 'HanDBase 3.0' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    Conduit 'HotSync Exchange' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    HotSync Error: Unknown error. (FFFF)

HotSync operation completed on 02/18/05 08:11:34

Please help!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    This has been discussed many times, you have a corrupted calender now. Did you restore from a backup lately I'm guessing?
  3.    #3  
    Sorry about missing the other threads. I looked and only found two that asked the same question but had NO responses...so at least thanks for answering. Can you direct me to a thread or an answer that might help? I have sync'd several times all with the same result. How does one "uncorrupt" the data? I'm not a computer person so don't do fancy kinds of things with my Treo...I just use it extensively. Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Yes, I had this same problem the other day with a datebook that could not be found on the device during Sync. I installed KeySuite trial and it was able to sync. It found 2 entries (templates) in my desktop Outlook that were trouble (strange dates) and so I deleted those. However, these items did not keep keysuite from syncing. So, after deciding NOT to buy Keysuite I bought the Chapura Standard XT sync software but it could not sync Outlook either, it "failed to load the handled database" or something like that.

I fixed this eventually by removing all Palm apps on my computer, deleting the Palm directory structure on my computer so all backups would be gone and then hard resetting my Palm and then starting all over. It worked, BUT, I don't want to have to do that every time something like this happens. In my case I am pretty sure it was the demo of Agendus that corrupted my handheld database because the problem started right after installing that app. Removing Agendus didn't fix the problem obviously since it corrupted the datebook database.

So, long story short, Shadowmite, how do you delete the handheld database so you can resync without hard rest. Or is there some other workaround out there to this problem?

Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Oh, God...I'm not up to all that headache! Please someone help us! There has to be an easy way to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    I did a quick search on the word "olerr" and found serveral relevant threads, including: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=olerr

I had troubles similar to this and ended up resorting to a hard-reset-start-over scenario.
    To have better success hotsync'ing, you should power off your phone's radio prior to the backup or HotSync. The phone app holds open the calendar database and causes a corrupt database copy. I would also suggest turning off "Enable Local Network Time" (do a search for the reasons). Lastly, I have found that my 650 looses its Unsaved Preferences file *very* often. It just so happens that your HotSync ID is stored in this database. Then when you loose this file, nothing works well any more. Any application that licenses off of the HotSync ID no longer works and your PC will not recognize your Treo anymore.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 02/18/2005 at 08:11 PM. Reason: I can't type!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the tips regarding the radio and local network time. Also thanks to the link to the other thread detailing this problem. I'm still a bit confused (OK, so I'm dense), because I see several different "fixes". Which one is easiest and best? Thanks. Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Thanks for the tips regarding the radio and local network time. Also thanks to the link to the other thread detailing this problem. I'm still a bit confused (OK, so I'm dense), because I see several different "fixes". Which one is easiest and best? Thanks. Dana
    If you have a Sprint 650, disable the option "Enable Local Network Time" in the date&time section of the preferences application. This causes *many* problems with the 650. By disabling this option you have done yourself a world of good!

Second poweroff your phone's radio before backups. It will increase your success rate for backups and the resulting restores *when* you need to do a restore.

Lastly, I would recommend diabling the option to show your calendar entries in the phone application. This option has been linked to problems with backups and such.

Hope this helps.....

Jeff
  10.    #10  
    Jeff, Thanks...I did what you suggested and was able to do a sync without any problems. Don't know which step helped, but the combination seemed to work just fine. THANKS!!!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
  11.    #11  
    Well, that lasted for about a week. I can't sync again and I'm still following all the advice. Please help!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Get pocket mirror standard xt. It's thirty bucks, but will do the trick without the hassle. Trust me, it is worth it. I am in the process of getting sprint to credit me the amount I paid for as they were unable to help fix the issue.
  13.    #13  
    Yes, I did this as well (though I got the Professional version for an extra $10...don't ask me why). I've had luck so far, but I hold my breath everytime I sync. Let me know if Sprint pays you for this "fix".
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    You got it. At the same time I am having PalmOne looking into crediting me something for giving my computer a permanent error now.