1.    #1  
    Looking tru the manual I see how to install aplication and databasefiles and how to download ringtones from the internet using Blazer, and obviously using your Treo's webaccess.
    I have created a few MP3 ringtones myself; how do I move them from my PC to my Treo? How do I make them available in my soundlist? I notice I can use 3rd party aps, but surely that can't be the ONLY way to do this?!

This manual sure is lacking. Anyone can direct me to a site with more comprehensive info on how to do things?

TIA,
    Hansje
    Kind regrads,
    Hans Brouwer
    This info is available at www.palmone.com. You can use IR transfer to get the tones accross.

...and yes. After paying for the most expensive phone on the market, you have to pay more to give it the features of cheaper phones - sheesh

-Swinger
    <Treo bashing since 2005>
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Can someone recommend a trustworthy and reliable site from which to purchase ringtones? I tried from Cinguar; didn't work. The other sites I've visited seem sketchy. I need just a simple "old telephone" ring.

I have 650 (but I visit the 600 forum).

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoHansje
    I have created a few MP3 ringtones myself; how do I move them from my PC to my Treo? How do I make them available in my soundlist? I notice I can use 3rd party aps, but surely that can't be the ONLY way to do this?!

Hansje
    Assuming you don't have an SD card...

Look for a windows application called "par". This converts files into pdb or prc format. Also, do a google for "par" usage for creating pdb files that'll work with ptunes or whatever mp3 player you have on your unit.

Upload the pdb-ized mp3 file and voila!

Cheers
    I have some ringtone links on my app page (see below). I had all these ringtones sitting around and wanted to install them, so I just uploaded them to the site and then used Blazer to download them. The nice thing there is if a friend hears a tone they like I can just show them where to download it.

If you don't have a web space to post files you can contact me and I can write you up a quick page that will let you download them. There have been other posts about how to surf to a file from a SD card, and while I was able to work it that way, the website was fastest and easiest for me. Keep ringin'!

Ed
    -------
    http://www.rezonate.com/walkabout/whatsonmytreo600.html
    I am a new user so forgive me if this is basic.... I just got a 600 (my Kyocera 7150 finally gave out) and I did not think you can use mp3's as ringtones on the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boinker
    I am a new user so forgive me if this is basic.... I just got a 600 (my Kyocera 7150 finally gave out) and I did not think you can use mp3's as ringtones on the Treo?

Yes, you certainly can but it involves 3rd party software.

Palmone appears to be running a program that gives you a choice of either a game or Ptunes. Take Ptunes and you can play MP3 files. Download, butler, lightwave or any of the other mp3 ringer software packages and it'll make use of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wing03
    Yes, you certainly can but it involves 3rd party software.

Palmone appears to be running a program that gives you a choice of either a game or Ptunes. Take Ptunes and you can play MP3 files. Download, butler, lightwave or any of the other mp3 ringer software packages and it'll make use of it.
    What if you already have the *.pdb files? Is there a way that I am missing to directly apply them to the phone? I have saved all the ringtones from my 7135 that I converted from a mp3 to a pdb.

Thanks for helping a newbie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc
    Can someone recommend a trustworthy and reliable site from which to purchase ringtones? I tried from Cinguar; didn't work. The other sites I've visited seem sketchy. I need just a simple "old telephone" ring.

I have 650 (but I visit the 600 forum).

TIA!
    Purchase ringtones? Perish the thought! =)

You can use most any midi file that's small enough (<64k?)

I've pulled a lot from treobits.com (mobile.treobits.com), including my default oldphone ringtone (OldPhone.mid).

-mp
    hey ed,
    if you could help me out on a ringtone for my new treo 600, i'd so appreciate it! so much!

... i've got a midi file i'd like to make a ringtone. if i could send you the file could you transfer it and send it back so i can put it on my treo?

thanks,
    ericdblackburn@gmail.com
    Is there a way to install the ringtones with the SD card?

Is there a way to convert mp3 to MIDI?

Why the hell did PalmOne make it so difficult to add files onto your SD card, you can't just hotsync like the Windows Mobile, now that is easy!

Anyone have Robotech ringtones?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    ive downloaded some from my friends site http://www.webrun.net/wap/ and they work great.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"