1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 from Cing and just installed the Xpress Mail. This program is great especially for those of us who telecommute since it means that I can be in my office while "out to lunch".

The only problem is that Cingular adds the signature below whenever I send an email. Anyone know how to get rid of the signature or even make my own?

nil
    A Cingular Wireless product
    i need some help setting up my express mail can you assist me
    What's the question mellyv - i am happy to try and help you.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by treodaddy
    I just got my 650 from Cing and just installed the Xpress Mail. This program is great especially for those of us who telecommute since it means that I can be in my office while "out to lunch".

The only problem is that Cingular adds the signature below whenever I send an email. Anyone know how to get rid of the signature or even make my own?

nil
    A Cingular Wireless product
    I wonder the same thing, I hate that stupid Cingular sig.
    I keep meaning to try this, but haven't so far. Add like 20 line feeds to the end of your message and it may push the sig out of view?
    Besides that, I've looked and looked for a way to disable or customize that with no luch so far.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  5. lms
    Sorry to not answer your question, but is there a reason to use Xpress mail instead of versamail? In versamail you can attach your own sig.
  6.    #6  
    The thing I like about Xpress mail is that it's almost like a remote desktop. For example, sometimes I'll go out on chores and leave my laptop at home. If I need to email someone a document that's on my laptop, I can have Xpress mail send the attachment as if it were being sent from my laptop.

But when my PC is off or if I don't need to send an attachment, I'll use Versamail since Xpress mail requires the application to be running on the PC.
    Did this issue ever get solved? I hate the tag line too.
    Yeah this is annoying.. Makes it hard to convince everyone you're working in the office. I guess the question is whether the application or the xpressmail server adds this line? If its the server I guess we are screwed.
    Last edited by TreoStallion; 03/07/2005 at 03:05 PM.
    Not if we all complain and they change it. I suggest that we all go to https://www.myaccount.cingular.com/jsp/Login.jsp, login and send a help desk request.
    I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure their response is going to be:

"This is available in the enterprise edition.. Pay up!!" ...

But this does make this service unusable for business purposes. It looks like I work for cingular when I add my name to the bottom. Or worse, I'm a Cingular Wireless Product..aahhh
    I got the following response from Cingular:

==========
    We have recently received your inquiry regarding your Treo 650 phone. At this time there is not a way for us to remove the tagline "A Cingular Wireless product" from the email when you send them due to the phone you are using is a Cingular product. We have contacted our technical department regarding this and there is no way for that information to be changed on the Treo 650.

Thank you for contacting Cingular Wireless.
    ==========

I think they're saying that the tag line is stored in the phone? This doesn't seem to make sense, but maybe. If this is the case, then we just need some clever programmer to figure out where in memory this is stored so we can change it. Anyone?
    so the question then comes to my mind...does anyone have an unbranded 650 that they use with Cingular & their Xpress mail program? and does it have the tang line when you send an email from the 650? if the answer is yes, then it might give us a clue that the tag line is in the software and not on the phone - make sense?
    Jeff
    Haha what a great response, there are some stupid people working there.... Anyway, I actually just scanned though the xpressmail.prc file and found no trace of that phrase. It looks like the tag line is actually added on by the xpressmail server.

Here's a test: Log on to xpressmail.cingular.com, Compose an email and send it right from the server (no treo involved). You will still get the tag line.

Quote Originally Posted by sbade
    I got the following response from Cingular:

==========
    We have recently received your inquiry regarding your Treo 650 phone. At this time there is not a way for us to remove the tagline "A Cingular Wireless product" from the email when you send them due to the phone you are using is a Cingular product. We have contacted our technical department regarding this and there is no way for that information to be changed on the Treo 650.

Thank you for contacting Cingular Wireless.
    ==========

I think they're saying that the tag line is stored in the phone? This doesn't seem to make sense, but maybe. If this is the case, then we just need some clever programmer to figure out where in memory this is stored so we can change it. Anyone?
    Isnt Express Mail the same as Business Connect by Sprint? (powered by Seven)

If so, it is a part of the system that is either enabled or disabled by service providers.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Isnt Express Mail the same as Business Connect by Sprint? (powered by Seven)

If so, it is a part of the system that is either enabled or disabled by service providers.
    Seven now forces signatures also. Only Sprint's Business Connection Personal Edition avoids this.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The signature requirement is BS. They are putting that there for advertising, plain and simple. I'm glad I don't need that stuff, my company provides it.

Joe
    the signature tag line from cingular doesn't bother all that much...what bothers me is that i can't add mine own personal signature to my outgoing emails like i could if i used versamail. has anyone figured out how to do this yet?
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by lms
    Sorry to not answer your question, but is there a reason to use Xpress mail instead of versamail? In versamail you can attach your own sig.
    In principle that may be the case. However, I've been using Versamail on my Sprint branded Treo 650, and though I've set up a signature, Versamail never adds it to the outgoing messages. I can't understand why.

If someone has the solution, please advise. Thanks.
    David