1.    #1  
    I'm new to this forum. Lots of good info here! I'm waiting to receive my Treo 650 from Amazon.com. Has anyone ordered one from Amazon.com? Any issues or problems with obtaining a Treo this way? It has not shipped yet, so I can cancel the order if there are any issues. Thanks for the help.
    I think Amazon is great, I would not worry. I would print or save the data package the let you sign for, so it clears any argument you may have with them later.
    Got mine from Amazon last week, everything went swimmingly and my 650 is operating perfectly. Amazon is pretty reliable as a vendor.
    I ordered on Sunday and had mine on Tuesday. No problems ordering from them.
    I ordered my 600 from them back in June and didn't have any issues either. Go for it.
    Badmash you might want to check out buy.com as well, since they are still offering the 19.99 unlimited media works pkg.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the scoop.

I think my Treo is on backorder. . . it's the Sprint version. I've got the unlimited data in my plan already. Any recs on accessories?
    I ordered mine from Amazon back in janurary. They web site claimed a two-week ship status, but I actually received it in 2 days. No problems whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmash Treo
    Any recs on accessories?
    Some basics out of the shoot would be an SD memory card (doesn't come with one, but PalmOne will give you a free 128MB card via support on their website), a case/belt clip, screen protectors (it comes with 1) and the stereo headphone adapter. Where you go from there is up to you.
    Another thumbs up for Amazon.. Got my 600 from them last year (returned it with no problems) and my 650 a couple weeks ago (still have and love it)..

It's been my experience (with sprint at least) that it doesn't matter what plan you select when buying at Amazon. The people ya speak to at Sprint when you call up to activiate dont seem to know anything about any plans you may have clicked on. They asked me what I wanted when I called.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_monkey
    I ordered mine from Amazon back in January. They web site claimed a two-week ship status, but I actually received it in 2 days. No problems whatsoever.
    The shipping date listed for my order is 1- 2 weeks. Do they generally write this for the Sprint Treo? Should I expect to get is sooner, like you did?
    That's always been my experience with Amazon. They list the worst-possible ship date and then they surprise you by shipping it really fast.
    Amazon.com is my favorite hassle-free online retailer. When their price is right I always order just about anything from them. I return so many things I can't afford to be stuck with joints like eCost.com that won't accept returns unless they're defective, and still charge you restocking fees.
  14.    #14  
    Treocentral is great. Lots of good stuff floating about on the forums. I can't wait to get the Treo 650. . . hoping Amazon sends it out early! Thanks for the all of the reassurances about Amazon.com!
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Amazon.com is my favorite hassle-free online retailer. When their price is right I always order just about anything from them. I return so many things I can't afford to be stuck with joints like eCost.com that won't accept returns unless they're defective, and still charge you restocking fees.
    Agreed -- the user reviews feature is terrific as well..
  16.    #16  
    8 days and no Treo yet! I'm becoming a little impatient with Amazon now.
    What did it say for expected ship date? Was it backordered? Did you use free shipping? (I'd allow 8-10 business days for the free shipping)