Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Need help with removing some of the favorite butons like Quick Tour, RealPlayer, VersaMail, Web etc.
    Go into Phone mode and then bring down the menu. Click on EDIT FAVOITES PAGES and delete the ones you don't want.
    Unfortunately you can't always do this. On my unlocked GSM Treo 650 there are favorites for Messages and RealPlayer. There are no delete buttons for them, I can't get rid of them (especially RealPlayer!).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    this is what i do:

phone mode
    edit favourites pages
    drag realplayer to the last page of the favourites page, which is page 5

at least problem solved
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I have Takephone installed on my GSM 650. I used that to edit favorites buttons and it allowed me to delete the pre-installed items.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    I have Takephone installed on my GSM 650. I used that to edit favorites buttons and it allowed me to delete the pre-installed items.
    what's takephone other feature? just to edit favorites button?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks lot! I was able to drag it to the last page, and moved around the ones I want on the first page.
    It is a very sophisticated and capable phone dialer app made by one of the best Palm developers. Check it out at http://www.shsh.com/. Lots of informatation about on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    this is what i do:

phone mode
    edit favourites pages
    drag realplayer to the last page of the favourites page, which is page 5

at least problem solved

Aah, good workaround..thanks!
    Hey folks. There is a very simple way. Go and download the free filez. Use filez to edit the database "PhoneFavorites2". Delete the record that you don't want. Woohaa. You get rid of the useless favorite.
    Cool, I didn't know you could do that!

Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    Hey folks. There is a very simple way. Go and download the free filez. Use filez to edit the database "PhoneFavorites2". Delete the record that you don't want. Woohaa. You get rid of the useless favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond

errr...how do you actually use filez to edit the database?
    step by step instruction please?
    tia!
    Filez, open internal card, click checkbox on the left of the filename, select File->Edit from menu. Click on a number in the view on the left. Click the view button on the right. You can see hexidecimal number and somewhere in there will be the name of the favorite. Do this until you find the one you want to get rid of, then click the delete button on the right back in the records view list.

Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    errr...how do you actually use filez to edit the database?
    step by step instruction please?
    tia!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Filez, open internal card, click checkbox on the left of the filename, select File->Edit from menu. Click on a number in the view on the left. Click the view button on the right. You can see hexidecimal number and somewhere in there will be the name of the favorite. Do this until you find the one you want to get rid of, then click the delete button on the right back in the records view list.
    thanks for the prompt reply
    this site rocks!
    Thanks, that worked perfectly
    thank you sir, may i have another?
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I have sprint 650 & had no prob going to "edit fav pages" & deleting those I didn't want like realplayer, tour etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I have sprint 650 & had no prob going to "edit fav pages" & deleting those I didn't want like realplayer, tour etc.
    yes, but for reasons only known to cingular wireless, that doesn't apply to their subsidized version of the 650.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    ..or the unlocked GSM model...
    lol.. finally a bonus for sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast