1.    #1  
    Hey I came accross this link to a beta copy of AOL Instant Messanger for Palm/Visor.
    http://minordemons.com/palmaimbeta.zip

It works really well. A lot easier than ICQ for Palm. I will still use both though...wish they would make them compatible! You will need a modem for your Visor for this to work.

Heyday
    aol now has a pretty good version of aol instant messanger out now for palm. i really like this and want to get a modem now. has anyone tried it yet? does it work fine? do u use a wireless or dialup modem? will it work with the thinmodem? also you need some internet connection, will blazer work? browse-it no more so tough luck.

thanks for the feedback
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    I been using AOL Instant Messenger with my Thinmodem plus for about 4 months with no problems. It works great!!!!!
    I've been using it with the regular thinmodem as well, it causes a fatal error if I place AOL in the flash memory, but run straight from the Prism it causes no problems.
    can you guys tell a speed difference, like you can tell that he or she hasent recieved your message for a second even though you sent it?
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    AOL works fine even with the Visor 33kb modem , in both the Deluxe and Prism (though it looks neater in the Prism). You can do e-mail and IM with your buddies. However, you should know that all the fancy extra goodies Under My AOL: News, weather, sports Portfolio etc are only available with a Visor running 3.5 and then you also need web clipping software, which I assume means you'd need a wireless modem. At least I haven't been able to access them. Is there some sort of web clipping software around that will work with a regular modem??
    -Michael-
    Originally posted by MHCohn
    AOL works fine even with the Visor 33kb modem , in both the Deluxe and Prism (though it looks neater in the Prism). You can do e-mail and IM with your buddies. However, you should know that all the fancy extra goodies Under My AOL: News, weather, sports Portfolio etc are only available with a Visor running 3.5 and then you also need web clipping software, which I assume means you'd need a wireless modem. At least I haven't been able to access them. Is there some sort of web clipping software around that will work with a regular modem??
    Yea, you can buy palm's Mobile Internet Kit, or you can find a shady website with the PQA libraries for download...
    will blazer by handspring work?