1.    #1  
    I found this link at the Howard forums

http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...ostID=20159264

At least they know its a problem.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I have this problem, although I appear to be able to edit my voicemail favorite button. I keep having to reprogram the number constantly.
    Is this only the Cingular 650's that are doing this? I have had my unlock since monday and its been fine with voicemail. I did have to take the sim out and put it into my other phone edit the # to get rid of my password. After that its all good.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Happens to my unlocked 650. Might have to do with the Cingular SIMs of a certain type.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    It seems to effect more than just the Treo...I had the same issue (no number listed) called tech support but they told me to put in my cell number. It works for now, but what was strange is that my wifes new phone (Nokia) had the same issue...its gotta be the cingular sim.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I found this link at the Howard forums

http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...ostID=20159264

At least they know its a problem.

So why won't they acknowledge all the other problems everybody already knows about? Might be some insight here as to how they think. This issue affects how you and your TREO 650 work with the carrier directly. Not a sound problem that can be passed off as subjective, or a reset or reboot or email problem that the carrier doesn't really care about. People have been saying, and I guess they're right, that the carriers are PalmOne's customers, NOT US!

Sounds like all whining has to be directed at the carriers.... Good luck to all you unlocked folks...
    Anybody notice that TMobile is also listed on the GSM 650 phone impacted by the VM problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    So why won't they acknowledge all the other problems everybody already knows about?
    They are a slow lethargic organization with an image to uphold.

Any patch they do release, because of the number of users it will impact, coupled with the risk of taking down millions of peoples phones, probably makes it very difficult and time consuming to just send fixes out the door all day long.

I beleive they have to deal with carrier testing and all kinds of stuff before they can release an official update. They don't have that kind ov overead on a non-phone PDA.
    Guess nobody there is worried about the telephones that are already down and have to rely on Shadowmite ROMS and stuff to actually work.....