1.    #1  
    i keep finding that while the pda may be on, the phone is off. is there a way of ensuring that if the pda is on, the phone is on? thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong section...i'm new
    I am not clear, the phone stays on unless you turn it of by pressing and holding the red button.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I am not clear, the phone stays on unless you turn it of by pressing and holding the red button.
    If the phone resets, it will also default to off (which I really don't like).
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    i keep finding that while the pda may be on, the phone is off. is there a way of ensuring that if the pda is on, the phone is on? thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong section...i'm new
    sure...the phone is on when the green light or yellow light is blinking

ps: green - has signal
    yellow - no signal

easy?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    well to lock the keypad i press the red button too, so there have been a couple times i've hit it for too long and shut the phone off.

but more often than that:
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    If the phone resets, it will also default to off (which I really don't like).

exactly

i was hoping for a patch file or small program of some sort that would automatically turn the phone on/off when the pda was turned on/off
    Get TreoHelper. It's free and has an option to automatically turn the phone and data on after a reset. Do a search for it. Sorry I don't have a link handy.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    i was hoping for a patch file or small program of some sort that would automatically turn the phone on/off when the pda was turned on/off
    ChatterEmail (push email for the Treo) does this automatically. I'm sure other programs also do it for you. Annoying that you need a program to do it.
    Try Jeff Gibson's PowerUp utility.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  9.    #9  
    good stuff. thanks guys!