1.    #1  
    Does anyone with a light colored Vaja case have any suggestions on the best way to clean the case? I've notice my grey case is showing some signs of dirt. The Vaja website suggests using a clean, dry cloth, but that doesn't work too well. I don't want to damage the leather. Any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Forget it. I looked at the Vaja site again and found my answer:

Once a week polish with a warm dry and clean cloth or soft and mild brush. With this minimal care, your leather case will provide years of pleasure and long-lasting use. However, the leather may need some care from time to time. We recommend using a neutral cream (eg. Meltonian) sparingly applied with a soft clean cloth and then brushing the polish immediately after applied.
    i haven't had to clean mine yet (yellow/cedar-green). i'd probably try lexol if i ever needed to. it's probably overkill just to get it for your vaja but i've always used lexol cleaner and conditioner in our cars with great results.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by montoya
    i haven't had to clean mine yet (yellow/cedar-green). i'd probably try lexol if i ever needed to. it's probably overkill just to get it for your vaja but i've always used lexol cleaner and conditioner in our cars with great results.
    I too have Lexol products for my cars and I agree they work great. I found on a leather-care/garment site that Meltonian was mentioned in the same regard as Lexol. I'd be using separate cleaner and conditioner products. The Vaja folks said they were unfamiliar with Lexol and couldn't comment on it. I guess I'll give Lexol a shot in a small area if the dirt bothers me to much. It works great on the cars and seems pretty gentle, so I'm sure it'll be okay on the Vaja.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i have some boot cream that i think will do just fine, leather, fine leather is treated much the same.
    mt
  6.    #6  
    So I finally cleaned mine today and WOW, what a difference. I used Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner that I have for my car (two products) and the case now looks like new. Now I don't feel so bad about getting a light colored case.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I just want “years of pleasure.”
    I use mequiers leather cleaner cloths in a pop up dispenser(also use em for my grey leather seats in my explorer) works awesome, and is like 3 bucks for 25 sheets, any auto store should have em
    Meguire's stuff is awesome. We use them on the '66.
  10. KLR
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I used the Coach leather conditioner that I use on my leather purses. I was amazed how much dirt was on the cloth. (Yellow/grey VAJA)
    Two words...............

Saddle soap.

You may laugh now...........
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    So I finally cleaned mine today and WOW, what a difference. I used Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner that I have for my car (two products) and the case now looks like new. Now I don't feel so bad about getting a light colored case.
    This stuff works better than any leather product I have ever used. I bought a Cadillac STS that had been smoked in. After a couple hours with Zymol, it looked as good as the day it drove off the lot. It is unbelievable.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wdbutcher
    I use mequiers leather cleaner cloths in a pop up dispenser(also use em for my grey leather seats in my explorer) works awesome, and is like 3 bucks for 25 sheets, any auto store should have em
    Hah.. small world.. I use those same Meguiars leather cleaner wipes in the black pop-up dispenser on the gray leather seats in my Grand Marquis.. if I had bought the car new, I would have gotten black leather because it doesn't show dirt like the light gray does, but I bought it slightly used.. so I didn't have a choice..

My Vaja T65 is black leather, and I have a Vaja T66 also in black leather on the way for review.. I've been doing eBay searches for "Treo 650 Vaja" and I can't believe what some people are getting for the T65 cases.. saw one sell yesterday for over $175.00!!.. The T65 direct from Vaja with no options is $104.90 plus $17.00 for Fedex from Argentina.. I guess some people just want one a lot faster such that they're wiling to pay such a ridiculous premium to grab one off eBay..

Then again, I suppose if I coughed up $120.00 or so for one direct from Vaja and had to wait nearly a month for it, I'd be squirming like crazy..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I use Zymol conditioner and cleaner as well...just remember to be gentle and don't use too much force buffing it, or else the color of the leather might fade.