Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. ms8
    7.5 MB on Treo, 482 on Card (512K) Zagat to Go on Card...
    4M, the CJKOS eats up lots of (already contraint) space.
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    6.4, moved anything I could to the SD card, but some apps work better on the internal memory.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    19M with powerrun and most apps on the card.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I've got 9.2mb free. Have Snappermail, Dose-a-day dilbert, documents to go, Handmark Express (modules on SD card), mmplayer, kblights, jpegwatch light, Right Backup and Verichat. Tons of stuff on the SD card.
  7. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    12 MB .

Kinoma
    MMPlayer
    Filez
    eReader
    Zlauncher

All installed in RAM.
    So, I too have "lots" of Ram left, like 4.5 megs. If I did not, too much stuff would crash. But I'm relying on this so-far-great 1 gig high speed (32x, as I remember) Lexar card. I keep real essential DBs on my Treo, but everything (sort of) I can move there I did. Question: is this a risky way to be running things? Which last longer and is less subject to random problems: RAM or SD? I bet RAM. But, if PalmOne thinks we are all doing fine, using 3rd party apps (that cost) to move things to the SD card (I use ZLauncher) and then 3 parts apps (that cost) to back up the SD card (I use BB for Windows [and BBVFS]), and then a freeware product (filez) to check on where the files are and to delete and tinker with them, then maybe we will not get more memory next time. I put up with the load delays for there is no choice and I'm happy that things ususally work. But, I'm too dependent for central operations (lauching and file management) on non-certified non-Palm supported apps.
    15.9 here.

for the person that asked, from the Application listed, hit the menu button and uder App select info. It should say right there.
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    19.4 Mb
  11.    #31  
    It's amazing how people can have more than 18M left on their 650's. When I initially installed it with the basics that came with the package, I was already down to 18MB.
    You know, this is strange. I had 12MB free (13 because my 1MB Blazer cache was full). I had to do a hard reset and restored all my stuff from backup, and I now have 14MB!!! (13 if you discount the cache Ihavent filled yet).

Where did that extra MB come from? Fragmentation perhaps?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Click on the link on my sig to see what I have installed and where. I have 12MB free (13 if you dont count the 1MB cache).

I dont keep my email on my Treo, I download it to my PC every day. That eats up space. I have DocsToGo, Acrobat Reader, all games, databases, photos, etc. on the card.

Dont get me wrong - the Treo 650 is definitely memory constrained. 23MB to start of with is peanuts. So unless you can find SD friendly versions of the apps you use that eat up the most space, you are in deep doo doo until the Treo 700 comes out with 128MB of RAM and a 10GB minimicrodrive.... (wild guessing on that last part )
    You have a lot of apps I haven't seen info on, but which I'll have to look up. Thanks for the list. I'm getting low on memory too( 11MB) and I hear BackupBuddy has more problems when the memory is almost full. By the way, how do you like the HBH-660?

Is there a site/list for applications that will run well or at all from the SD card, or a site list of applications that MUST be on the Treo? I have been skimming thru searches of TCentral, and there's so much stuff all over.
    Last edited by MacUser; 02/18/2005 at 04:23 PM.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    You have a lot of apps I haven't seen info on, but which I'll have to look up. Thanks for the list. I'm getting low on memory too and I hear BackupBuddy has more problems when the memory is almost full. By the way, how do you like the HBH-660?
    I think its BackupMan the one having problems in low memory situations.

I LOVE the HBH-660. The sound is clear and everyone hears me great. The screen is waaaaaaaaay too small. Almost not worth it. Almost.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I think its BackupMan the one having problems in low memory situations.

I LOVE the HBH-660. The sound is clear and everyone hears me great. The screen is waaaaaaaaay too small. Almost not worth it. Almost.
    I'm trying out the Jabra 250. Do you think yours is better (if you have ever tried it)? It's like double the price.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    I've heard good things about the Jabra. The HBH-660 is expensive because of the caller ID screen. You can get it for $91 shipped from Dan's Cellular in eBay. Very reputable dealer. The screen has been convenient in that I can see who is calling (just the number, not the name) and decide to answer without taking the Treo out of the holster. Whether that's worth $50 ... that's a whole 'nother question. To me it is, cause I am as lazy as they come...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Is PowerRun better than ZLauncher? I find I don't like the ZLauncher themes. I prefer to look at the built-in Palm OS theme.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    From the main Launcher, menu then Info
    Thanks to zLauncher I can maintain 3.8M free which is enough for mmPlayer/SmartMovie (my criteria). This is with 90+ apps (including built-in) spread between memory and the sd
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have still 3.3 MB (!) RAM left. I am another epocrates user. I am going to replace it with another medical software SD friendly.

Just one basic question, how this low memory could affect treo functioning (apart the obvious limits in contacts, note and message storing)?I have not noticed any problems comparing with before when I had 14MB free.And you?
    Thank you all for this answer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast