Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any source to get a new screen? We had one of our users drop his 650 and didn't have insurance and the screen cracked. There has to be a place to order a screen.
  2. #2  
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Yes, it says to contact Sprint who says they can't do anything.....
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sander
    Yes, it says to contact Sprint who says they can't do anything.....
    Geez, that's weird. They can fix AT&T 650's, but not Sprint's? What kind of political kreeap is THAT? Have you called PalmOne? Since you are going to pay for the repair they may accept it. How frustrating. When you figure it out let us know cause it will be very valuable info. Good luck!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  5.    #5  
    PalmOne says that in their contract with Sprint, they will not repair phones. There has to be some refurb place out there though that has some screens.....
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sander
    PalmOne says that in their contract with Sprint, they will not repair phones. There has to be some refurb place out there though that has some screens.....
    That there is reason enough not to buy a branded phone. Now I am sorry I bought the Cingular phone. No extended warranty, no insurance, and now no repair?

    Its a conspiracy!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  7. #7  
    Not necessarily, it depends on the service provider. I believe their agreement with Sprint puts Sprint as the first line of support (so only they repair/replace phones). I don't think the agreement with Cingular is the same. You would contact Cingular for service issues, but for hardware I think they refer you to palmOne.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    That there is reason enough not to buy a branded phone. Now I am sorry I bought the Cingular phone. No extended warranty, no insurance, and now no repair?

    Its a conspiracy!!!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #8  
    That didn't take long! See, I knew this thing was too slippery. It's a wonder that no one noticed during the internal trials.

    Oh. that's right. P1 doesn't test their stuff.
  9. #9  
    Im glad I got insurance on my phone from Cingular. You can fake grandfather your way to Treo 650 insurance with Cingular and they MUST honor it. Makes having it through Cingular worth it for me.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    That there is reason enough not to buy a branded phone. Now I am sorry I bought the Cingular phone. No extended warranty, no insurance, and now no repair?

    Its a conspiracy!!!
    Calm down. Palm One handles Cingular's repairs. Sprint's deal is that Palm One WILL NOT service Sprint's phones at all. Sprint negotiates that deal with all it's phone makers.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Calm down. Palm One handles Cingular's repairs. Sprint's deal is that Palm One WILL NOT service Sprint's phones at all. Sprint negotiates that deal with all it's phone makers.
    So who repairs a Sprint phone?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  12. #12  
    Sprint.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Sprint.
    Well, based on this...

    Quote Originally Posted by sander
    Yes, it says to contact Sprint who says they can't do anything.....
    Thats why I made the face.

    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  14.    #14  
    That's our whole problem. I think Sprint wants us to pay another $600 for a phone and although I think these phones are great, I don't think some of our users feel the same way considering the issues with these phones and this loop that we are stuck in. I'm sure the screen is a part that I could easily install myself.

Posting Permissions