Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I guess I am lucky. I used Backupbuddy VFS to back up my Treo 600 (of course, after making sure that all the apps I had were 650 compatible), then inserted the card to my new Treo 650 (GSM) and used backup buddy to restore...viola! Everything in tip-top shape. Then just used the CD that came with the 650 and install it in my laptop, then hotsync...everything went well.
    I have LOTS of apps in my Treo 600.
    The only thing is...my free memory from Treo 600 was like, 12MB, and now in my 650, I only had 3MB left. So, I had to be cautious with installing any new application.
    I just want to share my pleasant upgrade experience. I know, the recommended way of upgrading is to install all apps fresh but I just bit the bullet and did it my way.
    Anyone else had a similar experience?
    Better to be lucky than good!! It was widely recommended (especially by Pa1mOne) to do a clean install and not HotSync your Backup folder, only your PIM data. Additionally if you HotSync after installing the new Palm HotSync and Desktop software from the T650 CD, there is a compatability checker that runs to make sure any major bad actors do not get installed onto your T650.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Again, I guess I have been lucky...all my apps work fine. None of my apps wre quarantined. I made sure all of them were compatible with the 650 before I upgraded my phone.