Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Ok, I know the 650's resolution is much better than the 600's, but how much better? Is it like a PalmT3? I'm sitting here looking at my T3 (which has been put away since using my 600), and realize how MUCH clearer and easier on the eyes it is.. So is it worth spending another $600 or $700 for an unlocked 650 to use with T-Mo? I think that would be the main reason to upgrade, the screen and bluetooth... oh, and maybe the improved cam. Or maybe wait till hopefully, T-Mo rolls out EDGE and comes out with their own 650. Anyone have good pics comparing the 600 and 650 screen? Do Cingular stores display working models of a 650?

Any comments appreciated!
    Like night and day....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Like, its getting hard to actually see the individual pixels they're so small...
    Best way is to visit a Cingular or Sprint store at the Mall. I did and walked away with a Cingular T650.

The camera and screen res. sold me in a heartbeat.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    imagine the difference between grains of sand and bacteria. that's the effect of looking at pixels on the 600 vs the 650. its that dramatic. when I look at the 600 screen now, I have to convince myself the thing hasn't gone bad! in my opinion, the screen is the biggest improvement by far.
    Vince
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    it is the reason I switched from 600 to 650, do not regret it one bit.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    Ok, I know the 650's resolution is much better than the 600's, but how much better? Is it like a PalmT3? I'm sitting here looking at my T3 (which has been put away since using my 600), and realize how MUCH clearer and easier on the eyes it is.. So is it worth spending another $600 or $700 for an unlocked 650 to use with T-Mo? I think that would be the main reason to upgrade, the screen and bluetooth... oh, and maybe the improved cam. Or maybe wait till hopefully, T-Mo rolls out EDGE and comes out with their own 650. Anyone have good pics comparing the 600 and 650 screen? Do Cingular stores display working models of a 650?

Any comments appreciated!

dude...where have you been?
    screen is AWESOME
    and oh yeah, if you're in california...apparently there is some EDGE spillover from cingular
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    With all the technical glitches the 650 has, I would say its the only reason to switch. It looks spectacular.
    Go to a freakin' Sprint store and see for yourself. It's like asking if HD TV is better than normal TV. Do the math...180x180 to 320x320 pixels in the same space!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well, rats. Now I'm going to feel compelled to replace my 600, but that's a big chunk of change. I guess it will come down in price, but I just wish I had waited, I bought my 600 right before xmas, even tho I know the 650 GSM was on horizon... But anyways, thanks to all for tthe comments...
    (oh yah, not a dude, not in Cali, and have been to a "freakin'" Sprint store)
    When I first got my 650, having used a 600 for a year, I thought the screen was very nice. Then, when I went into the Calendar and chose the "Year" view, where you can see all 12 months, and all 31 days in each month, in crystal clarity - and I was literally slack jawed.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    When I first got my 650, having used a 600 for a year, I thought the screen was very nice. Then, when I went into the Calendar and chose the "Year" view, where you can see all 12 months, and all 31 days in each month, in crystal clarity - and I was literally slack jawed.
    I hadn't done that yet as I mostly use BizConEE for email/calendar for work. Upon reading your post I took a look and my jaw dropped as well. Wow.

Anyway, moving from 160x160x4k colors to 320x320x65k colors is a huge improvement. Not to mention the brightness of the screen.
    - Fushigi
    After using my GSM 650 for a week, the screen is indeed much more pleasing to the eye than the 600's. The colors appear much more dense and saturated and as another poster pointed out, the individual pixels are no longer discernable. There are two ways in which the screen really stands out for me:

A) The screen is now completely legible in bright sunlight without having to increase brightness or try to cup your hand around the screen. As a side benefit, the screen does not "black out" if you're trying to use it with polarized sunglasses on

B) The higher resolution is particuarly useful if you use Docs to Go a lot and try to view spreadsheets. You can use a lower zoom level to increase your field of view while still being able to read the text in each cell. Photos are, of course, a whole lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Another good example is to set Blazer to use small fonts. Then go to a web page and see how well those tiny words can be seen...

The clarity of the screen on the 650 vs the 600 cannot be overstated. After spending just a few minutes with your 650, when you go back and look at the 600's screen you are left wondering how you ever put up with it...
    With the Calendar Year Resolution, and the Small Fonts on Blazer, I have to say, I am EXTREMELY impressed with the screen. My problems come from when I try to do Web Based stuff into Clients Servers. I am occaisionally having my Treo 650 soft reset on it's own when it decides it doesn't like something - That is annoying, and troubling when you depend on your Smartphone for business.

All in all, SWEET phone; Removable Battery is ANOTHER reason to upgrade from the Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    imagine the difference between grains of sand and bacteria. :

interesting analogy.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!