1.    #1  
    Is it me or is the Treo 600/650 a bit of a rip off. I'm not saying it is but I bought a T600 GSM and feel a bit ripped off. I've been a Nokia fan for years but also used a Palm for the things my phone couldn't do. I was reasonably happy with this scenario but I found carrying 2 devices a bit of a bother so I signed up for the Treo. My experience is that although I haven't had anywhere near the problems I've read about all over the web I have had more problems in the few months I've had it than I had in years of using Nokia Phones and my old Palm Vx. It seems that a lot of the problems I've had stem from trying to add functionality to the Treo which comes "out of the box" on a Nokia. This means buying 3rd party software which has varying degrees of quality. In the end I have to say that I've waited quite a while until I felt the technology was mature enough but feel I may have made a mistake. Does anyone else feel this way? I have considered upgrading to the T650 but the things I read about it make me question that too. Has anybody considered the relative benefits of moving to the O2 or similar Windows Mobile powered device? Can you enlighten me at all about a sensible choice or is the technology still just too immature?
  2.    #2  
    KRAP... all the complaints I read on this site and no response! Doh!
    nokia fans right?
    get the 9500 and tell me how you like it
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    nokia fans right?
    get the 9500 and tell me how you like it
    OK maybe I'm dumb... why???
    It was more there on the 600 than the 650...
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    well I think highly integrated phones like the treo are harder to make..but I think Palmone was either lazy or didn't have the talent to realized the memory problem and the various bugs. However the cost isn't that high if you signed up for a new plan..
    If you already have a 600 and you still don't like it then don't worry about buying a 650..

The technology was "there" with the 600. If you don't realize how slick the device performs phone/pda tasks then maybe you need a human personal assistant.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    If you already have a 600 and you still don't like it then don't worry about buying a 650..

The technology was "there" with the 600. If you don't realize how slick the device performs phone/pda tasks then maybe you need a human personal assistant.
    Seriously! SLICK!!!! Maybe I missed something but I would have thought a device should do what it's designed to do without all the hassle of multiple resets etc. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm better off than with my phone + pda but I can't help wondering if anyone has a solution that just works! In my opinion PalmOne make Microsoft look like they know what they're doing!
    Umm.. Ya it's very slick, do you know how to use yours? You can continue to be inspector gadget and have a row of devices hanging off your gadget belt. Stay in the 90's I don't care...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    Umm.. Ya it's very slick, do you know how to use yours? You can continue to be inspector gadget and have a row of devices hanging off your gadget belt. Stay in the 90's I don't care...
    Ah well... some of us clearly have lower expectations than others I guess. Clearly I'm keeping my T600 but I can't see any good reason to upgrade unless there's a product that makes it worthwhile. That was the whole point of my original post in case you missed it. Constructive commment was what I was looking for!