1.    #1  
    Just called palmone to get that free 128mb sd card and they wanted to charge me $14 for overnight shipping for it because i'm in hawaii!! They said thats the only way they can ship it. They said they can't even ship it with US postal. what a rip....

has any other hawaii 650 owners been able to request this without paying for shipping?
    How hard is it to put a 37-cent envelope on the little thing. Weird.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    well, unless you can purchase a 128mb sd card for cheaper than $14 where you live, i'd say you're outta luck. i wonder if this same rule applies to others who sign up for the free sd card but reside somewhere else outside the states, internationally?

hmm..i wonder if this applies to 650 users who live in alaska as well...
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    well, unless you can purchase a 128mb sd card for cheaper than $14 where you live, i'd say you're outta luck. i wonder if this same rule applies to others who sign up for the free sd card but reside somewhere else outside the states, internationally?

hmm..i wonder if this applies to 650 users who live in alaska as well...
    the guy said hawaii and alaska... if they charge us, then most likely they will charge international...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    How hard is it to put a 37-cent envelope on the little thing. Weird.
    for real!

funny thing, he said they can only ship overnight and usps to hawaii and when i asked him about shipping it with usps, he still said cannot. it HAD to be overnight. maybe i'll try my luck with another csr later...
    why not just have it shipped to a friend/relative/business contact who lives in the one of the 48 other states and have them spot you the 37 and mail it to you indirect?
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  7.    #7  
    yeah, i was just thinkin that.. i'm gonna try one more time to see if they'll ship it to me for free, if not, then i'll just have to go that route..
    How about canada? I think they'll need to charge shipping + tax + duty then.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I live in Hawaii also. I had it shipped to a friend on the mainland and then had them ship it too me. It was the only way to do it.
    I saw generic 128mb SD cards for $14.95 at the Walmart by Ewa.. They were at the registers with the rest of the impulse buys. That was during xmas however.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    Just called palmone to get that free 128mb sd card and they wanted to charge me $14 for overnight shipping for it because i'm in hawaii!! They said thats the only way they can ship it. They said they can't even ship it with US postal. what a rip....

has any other hawaii 650 owners been able to request this without paying for shipping?
    It's the price we pay for Paradise, you should know that. I tried to order screen protectors for $14.95 at TreoCentral but they would charge me $20.95 for UPS "Ground" Shipping. They said it's a new policy for Hawaii and Alaska as they have too many losses shipping thru USPS. Must be too many crooks here in the Islands. I thought it was only the Gasoline dealers.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    It's the price we pay for Paradise, you should know that. I tried to order screen protectors for $14.95 at TreoCentral but they would charge me $20.95 for UPS "Ground" Shipping. They said it's a new policy for Hawaii and Alaska as they have too many losses shipping thru USPS. Must be too many crooks here in the Islands. I thought it was only the Gasoline dealers.
    that's right. you hawaiian folks have it made. what's another $20.00 for shipping? honestly now. at least you're not having to cross through marijuana fields controlled by a group of local mercenaries that parttake in an organized drug trafficking cartel, then sail back over to the mainland in a tiny boat with one paddle with pounds of narcotics, and while there, hoping to avert the authorities while attempting to peddle in trade for supplies that would otherwise be unattainable, only to have to go through that same grouling ordeal in reverse order on your way back to what is for the most part an ultra-exclusive paradise
  13.    #13  
    funny thing is though is that it really doesn't cost that much more to ship here for small-med items. they like to make money off of us.

yea, i ordered a few things from treocentral just to make it the shipping worthwhile.. but at least they acknowledge ground shipping to hawaii. too many places think overnight and 2day is the ONLY option to ship to hawaii.
    i just got the unlocked 650 on monday. am i eligible for the free 128 card?

thanks for ur thoughts!
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanny
    i just got the unlocked 650 on monday. am i eligible for the free 128 card?

thanks for ur thoughts!
    yes...and before asking for the link, do a simple search, please
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    In my opinion...that's messed up. Palm screwed up mem management and offered the fix of a free card. How is it your fault that you live somewhere that requires different shipping? They are fixing their mistake trying to keep their customers happy. They should eat it.