1.    #1  
    I went to Palmgear today and saw a special window ehere they were offering the MMPlayer "Pro" and the MMPlayer "Base". The link to pro was dead and the base was to version .213 (PG has always been slow). However, since I am unaware of any "Pro" versions, my guess is that 1.0 is right around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger
    I went to Palmgear today and saw a special window ehere they were offering the MMPlayer "Pro" and the MMPlayer "Base". The link to pro was dead and the base was to version .213 (PG has always been slow). However, since I am unaware of any "Pro" versions, my guess is that 1.0 is right around the corner.
    Could be, there have been murmurings of it on the MMPlayer Forums for a while now (few weeks or so)...However, that link has also been up there for a while at PalmGear. I just noticed it myself last month.

I am a registered user, been waiting for ages for it to go gold.

We'll see...
    I just bought it - damnit...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Anyone experiencing stability issues? I just bought it yesterday and it freezes my palm just opening it...also causes backupman to soft reset when it gets to that point.
    Last edited by dwman; 02/17/2005 at 03:40 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I've never had either problem (I also use BackUpMan). Quick questions:

1. Are you trying to run MMplayer from the RAM or the Card?

2. How much RAM do you have left?
    There will be a both a basic and souped-up version for 1.0. From the MMPlayer a post on the developer's forum (presumably from an email he sent to a visitor):

"...we're trying to work out the details required to bump the version to 1.0. And when doing this, we'll probably also divide MMPlayer into two products. One slim version with only the basics, and one pro version with additional features that aren't necessary for everyone."

I've been waiting for these 1.0 versions to come out, patiently holding off on .213 (luckily I don't have my treo yet )
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I've never had either problem (I also use BackUpMan). Quick questions:

1. Are you trying to run MMplayer from the RAM or the Card?

2. How much RAM do you have left?
    I was running it from RAM(mmplayer faq doesn't recommend you run it from the card)

I have about 6MB of RAM left
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I was running it from RAM(mmplayer faq doesn't recommend you run it from the card)

I have about 6MB of RAM left
    Really, I have always ran it from my card with no problems. I wonder which version they will give us who own the software already. I bet it might be the basic version and they might give us an option to upgrade for a small price.
    How can you run it from the RAM? There's not enough memory in RAM to do much of anything, much less play movies from it.
    They need to do something with MMPLAYER..In it's current form it's junk...I am not happy with this piece of crap...Wish I would have never bought it..
    I think part of people's problems with MMPlayer is that they don't know how to encode avi's to work with it.
    That is why there is a market for Kinoma (producer), it does that for you.
    MMplayer is simply an Mpeg4 Divx/Xvid player... That's it. And I love it just because of that. If you encode an avi incorrectly, NO Palm program will play it.
    Is encoding video easy? No, but as many people here will tell you, once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.
    I watch avi's on my train commute every day. MMPlayer is by far, my most used program, and I am curiously looking at what version 1.0 will bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    I think part of people's problems with MMPlayer is that they don't know how to encode avi's to work with it.
    That is why there is a market for Kinoma (producer), it does that for you.
    MMplayer is simply an Mpeg4 Divx/Xvid player... That's it. And I love it just because of that. If you encode an avi incorrectly, NO Palm program will play it.
    Is encoding video easy? No, but as many people here will tell you, once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.
    I watch avi's on my train commute every day. MMPlayer is by far, my most used program, and I am curiously looking at what version 1.0 will bring.
    Agreed. Works fine for me, although good 5 way support is lacking and you can't turn the screen off on the 650 with MMPlayer up.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    That's kind of why I started

this thread

so people could figure out what settings work best. It could even be beneficial to us "experts"
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    That's kind of why I started

this thread

so people could figure out what settings work best. It could even be beneficial to us "experts"
    Cool, will check it out
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."