1.    #1  
    My 2 new unlocked 650s arrived today. They ported our numbers from Sprint with no trouble this afternoon.

The phone service works, but I can't connect to Media Works. The SIM card configured the phone, but it tries to connect and then just disconnects. Any ideas?

I have the unlimited $24.99 plan on my phone and the $19.99 8mb plan on my wife's phone.

One odd thing. I tried registering both at http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net and the text message confirmations went to the wrong phones (my text message went to her phone and vice-versa). I registered the numbers correctly.
    I think a call to Cingular is in order. 1-800-331-0500.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Yeah, do it from a landline phone and you may have to shut down your T650's for a few minutes so that the update takes effect.

T650 MEdia Net configuration is supposed to be automatic.
    If you have an unlocked phone you might have to enter in the APN settings and stuff.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by XiiiXiii
    If you have an unlocked phone you might have to enter in the APN settings and stuff.
    User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: (already assigned)
    APN: wap.cingular

Is that right for Media? It's what was programmed to the phone, I assume by the SIM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I think a call to Cingular is in order. 1-800-331-0500.
    I didn't believe it would happen, but they answered quickly, had me recycle the connection, and they both work!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I didn't believe it would happen, but they answered quickly, had me recycle the connection, and they both work!
    Amazing technology!

Despite what you read in these forums, this stuff actually works. Sometimes.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!