Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Short of the LED indicator, are there plans (or is it even possible to) put a new mail icon in the menu bar area? I often don't leave my Treo on the Phone app screen so unless I felt/saw the alert, I have to go to Chatter to see if I have any messages.
    I have an envelope appear with a number(number of unread) next to it on my home screen. if I click on it it goes to chatter. I have the lattest version of chatter.
    i have a similar indicator, however it's not really logical. it seems to go away as soon as i enter chatter, if i leave chatter and still have unread mail, it doesn't come back until the next time i get mail.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calvins
    I have an envelope appear with a number(number of unread) next to it on my home screen. if I click on it it goes to chatter. I have the lattest version of chatter.
    Weird... doesn't show up on mine. Is it a setting I need to enable?
    First, this is only on the T650. Second, it only alerts to new messages since leaving Chatter, so it's always gone after you enter Chatter. Third, it doesn't know how to force the Phone app to update its display, so sometimes you have to re-enter the phone app to see it. I can't help the first; the second is by design, although I'm considering options; and the third is something I'm trying to get help from PalmOne on (and not holding my breath).

Marc
    It's great to hear you're working on these, Marc. For the record, I vote for having the unread mail indicator displayed on the Phone app (if palmOne helps you).

I'm using v1.0 and I don't get any unread mail indicator anywhere on my Treo...perhaps, it was introduced in 1.0.2?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I don't care about the unread mail, I would rather have it display unacknowledged mail as it does or be a preference box.
    No, it's in 1.0 (the new mail indicator). However, Chatter doesn't know how to update the Phone app to display it. If you ENTER the Phone app, it will be there. I'm trying to get tech support on this, but they aren't very cooperative.

Marc