1.    #1  
    i'm fairly new to these so this may be a dumb question. why would you have to attach your Treo to your PC and Sync it? we use Outlook e-mail. if a new e-mail user is added is it necessary to sync to get that info? what other reasons?
    <this is my real toy
    Hotsynch has two basic benefits that I see:

1. Keeps information you use on your phone and computer current with each other
    2. Provides a backup of your Treo data
    The Treo 600 and lower have volitile memory so if your battery dies so dies all your data (been there, done that, got the t-shirt). Also it's a hellofa lot easier to enter appointments or stuff like that using Outlook for Palm Desktop vs entering with the Treo. But having a safe backup of all my data on my computer is a very nice thought.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4.    #4  
    thanks. this is what i needed to know. do contacts get updated from Outlook to the Treo wirelessly or only when sync'd? anything else?
    <this is my real toy
    Cause if I lost my Quicken and everything else I would cry!

Not to mention new info...beamed info....cool pictures....etc....