Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 114
  1. #61  
    How hilarious, I am laughing so hard, my stomach is getting a cramp.
  2. #62  
    Folks,

    I can appreciate the humor in this thread, but don't we all agree that Palm One needs to step it up a bit. The Treo 600 was a breakthrough device.

    I am happy with my 600 on Sprint and am staying there. I am always out of memory mainly because I use Mapopolis software and have large map files on my treo.

    64-128K of RAM would have been a nice improvement. But the 650 with non-volatile memory with no increase in size, and a memory management scheme that effectiveley reduces the usable memory is bad. Has anyone who has a 600 needed expensive non-volatile memory?? I got my 600 the day they were released on Sprint over a year ago, and would never have asked for this feature (bug?).

    It is all funny until the Treo looses market share to another PDA phone because of capabilities.

    Also, the price is too high. Blackberry's are baing offerred for <$100 with a contract. The 600 is still at $400+ for existing users.

    Palm One can (and should) do a lot better...

    Glenn
  3. #63  
    You guys got it all wrong. The Treo 700 will never see the light of day because the following phones are Treo killers:

    Moto MPX
    Benq P50
    PDA2K
    Samsung I730
    Samsung SPH-4400
    (insert any number of other predicted Samsung models here)
    P900
    Moto A630

    The Treo is doomed and PalmOne will be out of business by year-end.
  4. #64  
    Moto MPX...bugged up the ying yang, and no desired as much with all the probelms of the form and function
    Benq P50...check treocentral.com review side to side
    PDA2k/SX66/XDAIIs - i tried to cut cheese with it, but then it froze
    Samies..."Iran iraq whats the difference" (South Park) all the sammies have the same meat inside
    P900 - out of date, replaced with P910...both are great...but would be better if SE could do a quad band...along with Nokia
    Moto A630....ITS A MOTO...like the MPX...Moto has great eye candy devices..but their QA/QC sucks

    got anymore?

    Man my treo 700 is so much of a disappointment...i told it to bathe me...and cook for me , change me. burp me...do my laundry...but it got scarred i guess, and locked up and started going thru an endless reset loop

    EDIT:
    Nokia 9500 - its so big that at the airport they would consider it a weapon and take you down
    Nokia 9300 - is cool i admit...if you could live without a camera and wifi...its like a quasai neo blackberry
    Nokia 7710 - cool..i think...first Series 90 launched...no keyboard (which is bad for me)...but again it looks cool

    i-mate Jam - buggy and slow to release the 850 version

    Siemens Sk65 - from what i read, its terrible at everything, but it is cool as it is the first non bb device to be launched with the bb software

    ipaq 6315 - buggy...some people say good some say bad...i say im switzerland and have no opinion
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    And you tell me to lighten up?
    yep...these are facts about the Treo.

    Now, if I called F1 Stalinistic in their treatment of customers, then you can jump on me... :-)
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    Man, what a buzz kill--fun at partys though !

    The real buzz kills are the T-shirts the send out with the Treo:

    "I spent $600 and all I got was 1990's technology"
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Folks,

    I can appreciate the humor in this thread, but don't we all agree that Palm One needs to step it up a bit. The Treo 600 was a breakthrough device.

    I am happy with my 600 on Sprint and am staying there. I am always out of memory mainly because I use Mapopolis software and have large map files on my treo.

    64-128K of RAM would have been a nice improvement. But the 650 with non-volatile memory with no increase in size, and a memory management scheme that effectiveley reduces the usable memory is bad. Has anyone who has a 600 needed expensive non-volatile memory?? I got my 600 the day they were released on Sprint over a year ago, and would never have asked for this feature (bug?).

    It is all funny until the Treo looses market share to another PDA phone because of capabilities.

    Also, the price is too high. Blackberry's are baing offerred for <$100 with a contract. The 600 is still at $400+ for existing users.

    Palm One can (and should) do a lot better...

    Glenn
    Please explain the defintion of breakthrough you are using? (I love the Treo, but see them making tiny, evolutionation steps.)

    The Treo 300 was breakthrough, the 600 a battery improvement and usability improvement (5 way). and the 650 another battery improvement and usability improvment (screen, crippled BT)

    Agreed that F1 could do a lot better, esp. for the price point.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    You guys got it all wrong. The Treo 700 will never see the light of day because the following phones are Treo killers:

    Moto MPX
    Benq P50
    PDA2K
    Samsung I730
    Samsung SPH-4400
    (insert any number of other predicted Samsung models here)
    P900
    Moto A630

    The Treo is doomed and PalmOne will be out of business by year-end.
    And people call me the pessimist...

    But you are wrong. Have you used these devices or seen one?

    Two words: FORM FACTOR
    One acronym: OS

    It's either Palm or PPC...everything else is roadkill or destined to be phone only.
  9. #70  
    wait a second...don't whores get paid?

    Doh! I messed up another line of work!
  10. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    And people call me the pessimist...

    But you are wrong. Have you used these devices or seen one?

    Two words: FORM FACTOR
    One acronym: OS

    It's either Palm or PPC...everything else is roadkill or destined to be phone only.
    Sorry. I thought we were all being sarcastic together. 4 pages of ridiculous posts and you decide mine is serious? Maybe I need to work on my timing.
  11. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by cafesimon
    How hilarious, I am laughing so hard, my stomach is getting a cramp.

    Yep, same here. Just proves you need to have a sense of humor to love these things!
  12. #74  
    I just loaded MacOS onto my Treo... Now when it turns on, it's always happy.. But I do need to look into the frozen drink option...
  13. #75  
    Glenn;

    In all seriousness (for a brief moment).. You can't really compare a BlackBerry to A Treo. I was the biggest supporter of Blackberries in the world and in the PAST had carried almost every model that they have made. When I switched sold my most recent one and moved to the Treo 600, and now the 650 I was blown away with waht I had been missing all those years. It gives you so much more functionality. The push vs pull email feature is still great, but with the ability to set your Treo to receive messages every five minutes, what's the real difference?

    On average there seems to be 30-40 new applications a month being developed for the Palm. If you just want an email tool, and basic phone for $100 then the Blackberry is the way to go. But if you want to really grow into a true business tool and give yourself functionality, I'm with Treo.
  14. #76  
    Just ordered my Treo XXX. IT comes with a free porn star for a limited time offer. SHUUWEEET!!!
  15. #77  
    Grab tis if your stun utton broken:

    http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/wirel...tor-029939.php
  16. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by certezuk
    Shadowmite, where is the hack for Sprintgular DUN on the Treo 9000?
    Sprintgular? That's funny
  17. #79  
    Ummm...can we post replies directly related to the thread, please? Sheesh!
  18. #80  
    Man all of you people are LATE.
    I just got that new new treo, that TREO TITANIUM. The Treo Titanium pimped my ride.
    Turned my Hyuandai into a Hummer in 5 sec flat!!!!
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions