1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone, this my first post. I basically need to find a way to resolve the issues below....

HotSync operation started 2/17/2005 12:45:47 PM
    OK Expense
    -- Outlook Calendar
    User: Kevin Bruff
    Version: 3.1.2

ERROR: 00008001
    Unable to communicate with Outlook's OLE Automation interface.

714: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Contacts

Failed opening Outlook interface.

448: PMirror

Outlook Contacts synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Tasks

Outlook Tasks synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Notes

Outlook Notes synchronization failed
    -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file I:\Program Files\Handspring\BruffK\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up db CityTimeDB to file I:\Program Files\Handspring\BruffK\Backup\CityTimeDB.PDB
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 2/17/2005 12:45:51 PM
    I just came across your note because of a similar problem I am having with the T650 and Outlook 2003. I got the same error code and fixed it by running "Detect and Repair" under the help tab at the top of Outlook. I chose the keep shortcut options. This worked even when reloading Chapura (that I use to sync) didn't.

Treo 90? Might as well upgrade since you already have a feel for the 650 pain!
    cheers - thanks for your post!

I was struggling with getting Outlook 2003 to work with my 650. Your instructions fixed the issue.
    cheers - thanks so much for your post. I was really frustrated at spending a good deal of hours trying to get outlook 2003 to sync. I had re-installed Palm Desktop, Chapura etc.

i tried your suggestion (how did you figure it out?!) and everything works just fine now.

btw, i have a zire, not a treo but the solution works just the same.

can't believe there isn't a palmone KB article on this problem....

anyways, thanks again!
    It is still not working for me. I had a treo 650, and now have switched to a samsung i500.

I get the following error:

-- Outlook Calendar
    User: newi500
    Version: 3.1.3

Your handheld has not previously been synchronized to the currently open Outlook profile (or you have changed your handheld user name).

If you have reset or renamed your handheld, open Outlook, click on "View/Folder List", locate and click on the PocketMirror folder, delete the user note, and re-synchronize.

If you want to add your Handheld to the list of authorized Handhelds to be synced with this Outlook profile, see the help file topic "Syncing Multiple Handhelds to the Same Profile".

827: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Contacts
    User: newi500
    Version: 3.1.3

I have tried to follow the instructions as listed in the error, but there is no options to do what it is asking. I have also tried the Repair/detect feature in outlook 2003 pro, but it did not fix the problem. Please help!!!

moishe