Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    slowly but surely i am getting set up the way i want. email and web browsing is working for me now. next is IM'ing. i need to login and be shown as "online" witn aol, msn, yahoo and icq. i forget what app people have suggested. is this one good?

http://www.mantragroup.com/causerie.htm

what do other people use?

and how the hell do i install it? do i need to install the software and use the USB?
    been using verichat the past 2 days, it's awesome so far!
    1 | 2
    btw, to install the software I just do it via bluetooth...you could use the USB however
    1 | 2
    Agreed. Verichat is the way to go. Awesome software.
    I was just about to ask about AIM.
    Oh and I did notice that VeriChat is an always-on. Those it have options to only connect when you want?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I got VeriChat with my free $100 of software from Sprint. It works great right away. Easy setup.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    does Verichat allows you to select 'invisible' mode..?
    I prefer Causerie... I could NEVER get Verichat to work with Yahoo to save my life. AIM alwyas worked though.

But all of them work for me on Causerie. And I like their setup better as well. Always-on works great as well.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  10.    #10  
    yeah, i was thinking causerie or verichat. i like how with causerie you can be logged in with 2 usernames for each (aol, yahoo, icq, msn) one for personal and one for business support.
    I prefer Yahoo Messenger, since that is the only IM I use, and its free.

http://www.burmeisterbrown.com/
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Does verichat allow you to sign in to multiple IM accounts of the same type (i.e.: 2 different AOL screennames at the same time)?

What about away mode / auto away messages?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Does verichat allow you to sign in to multiple IM accounts of the same type (i.e.: 2 different AOL screennames at the same time)?
    No

What about away mode / auto away messages?
    Pretty sure yes on this. Causerie 2.0 coming out shortly allows for a custom auto-reply above and beyond some of the standard ones.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Is anyone trying the (ridiculously-priced) $19.99 AIM version?
    thanks for the info scotty.

What about "invisible mode" in verichat?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Is anyone trying the (ridiculously-priced) $19.99 AIM version?
    Soft-reset-loop city.

Avoid at all costs.

thanks for the info scotty.

What about "invisible mode" in verichat?

Can't remember, but I assume so. Supported for Yahoo in Causerie

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Good to know. Though I did try 1.1 or whatever it is floating around (not warez) do a search for aolaim.prc or aim.prc; most likely a uk version-- nevertheless, it did work, and appeared just fine. YMMV

Of course, my first message stating that I was indeed AIMing to someone from my Treo was replied with, "Nerd."

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Soft-reset-loop city.

Avoid at all costs.
    free aim with agile messaging. Its kinda slow starting up, but it works for free. There are some limitations like can't add new buddies and it doesn't run in the background. Its only on if you have it open. But you get your money's worth!

http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html
    I love VERICHAT...its been everything I hoped treo im'ing would be and more. For instance the other day I was talking to a friend on his PC (he was using AIM) and said hey dude Im at the car wash. I snapped a picture of my car with the treo sent it to him via Verichat and then sent him the verichat.prc file for his treo 600 all over Verichat's IM service. He installed it, started it up and we were both communicating in Verichat. It was one of those wow tech moments where you can't help but feel that ur on the bleeding edge.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast