Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by ideas
    I think Causerie is the first IM application to come up with Bots and later Verichat added this feature so it is obvious that they slowly add one bot after other.Causerie has good number of Bots and their performance is very good and fast.As it is accepting simple queries and serving well the purpose then it is an added advantage.
    Yeah. Try beating a Verichat Botmark (or 2) with simple queries to Causerie bots.
    Is there any difference between AIM 1.1 (Build 5) and 1.2 (Build 2)?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Followup.

My feeling in general is 1.1 is slightly more stable, but just now, my Treo went into a constant reset loop, after shutting off. I first deleted mLights, thinking that had to do with something, but the last thing I installed was: you guessed it…AIM 1.2.

To get out of the reset loop, hold down the up key, when resetting the Palm with the stylus. When the Palm screen returns, let go, delete AIM by selecting Delete... from your home screen. Enjoy stability. Sucks I can't AIM, too.
    AIM apps have always seemed to eventually put the treo into a reset loop. This started with the app long ago on my 270 and has continued with my 600 (and your 650). For that reason, I don't usually recommend AIM as a viable alternative IM application on the treo line.
    AOL IM for Palm is soft-reset city (trick is to never leave the program without first logging out), but you can get it for free from AOL's UK site.
    -mbd26
    everytime when u use a verichat...does it count for a text message?
    what about causerie?

i see that causerie is 35 dollars. is that a one time fee so do u have to pay yearly like verichat?

thanks for the help.

just some more intomation./
    right now i have the 600..i will b giving it to my fiance. i belive shes gonna get unlimited data from tmobile. its 20 a month. can u configure causerie to use data and not SMS (text messaging)

same for the 650 (ill b getting this one)

we have tmobile.
    Last edited by dport; 09/07/2005 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    everytime when u use a verichat...does it count for a text message?
    what about causerie?
    It only counts as a text message if you are in SMS mode. Same with Causerie.

i see that causerie is 35 dollars. is that a one time fee so do u have to pay yearly like verichat?
    Yearly, like verichat

thanks for the help.

just some more intomation./
    right now i have the 600..i will b giving it to my fiance. i belive shes gonna get unlimited data from tmobile. its 20 a month. can u configure causerie to use data and not SMS (text messaging)

same for the 650 (ill b getting this one)

we have tmobile.
    Causerie uses the data connection by default, even when running in the background.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    what about verichat? can u use data connect?
    Last edited by dport; 09/07/2005 at 11:46 AM.
    If I recall correctly (I don't use Verichat), Verichat only uses SMS when running in the background, otherwise it uses the data connection. Causerie gives you the option to use data or SMS when running in the background.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    ok and Causerie is 35 to buy, how much is it yearly?

i found this http://www.mantragroup.com/causerie.htm and it says it only goes in SMS.
    Last edited by dport; 09/07/2005 at 05:21 PM.
    Verichat has the option of running with the data connection or with SMS in the background.
    i downloaded aolaim , ill let u know how it is.
    Last edited by dport; 09/07/2005 at 07:05 PM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456