Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    verichat is awesome , but the price aint. treo 650 kicks tail.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with my Verichat. If i leave it on in the always on mode, give it anywhere between 12 - 24 hours and it will freeze up my treo. It works at prehistoric speeds, if at all, and it means i can't make or take calls, or do anything at all. I have to pull the battery out to even turn it off and power it up all over again.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I love verichat.

But over the last few days if I keep my treo 650 connected to verichat and on the buddy icon screen it will disconnect and revert back to the applications.

Note this only happens when it has been idle for a few min. I have sent questions to PDA Apps so I hope to find something out.

I am running Firmware 1.08 on my Sprint Treo 650. If anyone has any idea on how to check and see if there is another application causing this, please let me know.

Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    In your prefs (miscellaneous) within Verichat you have the ability to check "Exit Verichat on display off". Is that checked?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    "exit Verichat on display off" is not checked.

PDA Apps says that Verichat exits as a method of putting itself into standby mode to save battery life. But I find it hard to believe that it would do it after being idle for only a few min (like 3 to 5).

Update: They said that after 5 min of inactivity, verichat exits to the applications screen to save battery life.
    Last edited by frydog; 04/04/2005 at 12:53 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    It still runs in the background if it's in always on mode, correct? After it's exited the screen i still can receive messages. However, leaving it in this mode is what causes my Treo to freeze.
    make sure under accounts u have the box checked for auto sign in when verichat starts. so when your provider data turns off then back on verichat will log itself back on.
    i found this really old aim app by aol that works wtih treo 650 but i like verichat better.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Is it the UK version, or which? So it doesn't crash? I don't really want to pay for Verichat and its requisite upgrade prices; I'd rather just have AIM, IMO.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    NM. It's the UK ver. 1.0. Thanks anyway.
    This is a high res version of aim i found that works on the 650.

No it is not UK 1.0.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Is that the 1.1 (Build 5)?

It works on the 650 without crashing (I have it too) but it does not give you an alert that you have messages if you aren't in the program (no background alerts) and it has an annoying problem that you have to constantly clear the message field where you type a message because it doesn't erase after you send a message.

But its free!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    If you use Yahoo IM, check out this free beta. They just released a new version (0.15)

http://www.burmeisterbrown.com/

Awesome program.
    I've been using this (v.16) for a month or so. Works great! Pre-Sprint firmware upgrade, program would sometimes hang while populating contact list, but that doesnt seem to happen anymore.

Snapping and uploading photos to Yahoo Photos very seamless. Really, really nice program if you only use Yahoo for IM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Is that the 1.1 (Build 5)?

It works on the 650 without crashing (I have it too) but it does not give you an alert that you have messages if you aren't in the program (no background alerts) and it has an annoying problem that you have to constantly clear the message field where you type a message because it doesn't erase after you send a message.

But its free!

It's 1.2(build 2).
    It looks like many love Verichat.But recently I tried Causerie and Verichat to rate myself which is the best option for me to purchase.
    Causerie look is very good and Bots are better than Verichat.Look of Verichat is poor compared with Causerie and Buddies are mixed with Bots in Verichat.
    does anybody else have a problem with Verichat's EULA stating that all messages may be retained on their server permanently?
    Quote Originally Posted by ideas
    It looks like many love Verichat.But recently I tried Causerie and Verichat to rate myself which is the best option for me to purchase.
    Causerie look is very good and Bots are better than Verichat.Look of Verichat is poor compared with Causerie and Buddies are mixed with Bots in Verichat.
    You gotta be kidding.

Causerie Bots are a joke. They don't retain any state at all and take very simple queries. No buddymarks and no botmarks. Verichat adds 1-2 bots a week. There are around 20 bots now. When was the last Causerie Bot added?
    Last edited by treo_fanatic; 04/09/2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo
    you can put Verichat Bots at the bottom with a preference setting i think
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Thanks; it does work... mostly. a little slow, errors sometimes, but it works.... all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciber
    It's 1.2(build 2).
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    You gotta be kidding.

Causerie Bots are a joke. They don't retain any state at all and take very simple queries. No buddymarks and no botmarks. Verichat adds 1-2 bots a week. There are around 20 bots now. When was the last Causerie Bot added?
    I think Causerie is the first IM application to come up with Bots and later Verichat added this feature so it is obvious that they slowly add one bot after other.Causerie has good number of Bots and their performance is very good and fast.As it is accepting simple queries and serving well the purpose then it is an added advantage.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast