Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So i just got my Treo 650 the other day and I just installed Verichat today and I had two questions.....

1) Does the trial expire after 15 days? If you purchase the license after it expires do you have to set it up again?

2) Is this using my SMS or text messaging or my web browsing?
    Trying to remember that long ago!
    1) There's not much to set up. Once you enter your reg id you may just have to set up your always on mode. which ever you choose. Which leads me to the answer of your next question.
    2) You can set up Verichat to either use SMS for your always on connection or data (gprs or Sprint Vision not sure what treo you're using). Either way once you're in the app and IM'ing it's using data and not SMS's.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    How do you view someone's away message? I get the first word or two and then it trails off.... Is there a way to bring it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobomaster
    How do you view someone's away message? I get the first word or two and then it trails off.... Is there a way to bring it up?
    If you highlight the contact and then select menu :menu: p (contact properties), you'll get the full message. I'm not sure there is another way.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks. That helps a bunch.

Is there free software that lets you edit MS documents? How about sync with Outlook?
    Your 650 comes with DocsToGo Professional which should allow you to edit MS docs. At least I think it does. I have DTG premium with the desktop application so I had all of that already. Hopefully someone can confirm this.
    You can also set up you Palm sotfware to sync with Outlook instead of the Palm Desktop if you want to.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    does anyone have problems with verichat signin off by itself or sometimes you dont hear the sound when you recieve an IM? i have the settings right but for some reason i leave verichat idle about half an hour so i check it and its signed off.
    does anyone have problems receiving sms messages (alway on mode) for msn messenger in verichat while the phone screen is off? i have missed several important messages, because this function is not working w/ my cingular 650. i've contacted verichat, and its been nearly a month...still no solution

anyone else with the same problem?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yes, I've noticed as well, just today actually, my second day using Verichat, that it likes to sign off if I haven't used it for a bit. It was sitting on my desk for about 30 minutes and when i came back to check it, it had signed itself out, both of AIM and the application. How do I correct this? My settings are set for always on mode.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Btw, I have an unlocked 650 that i signed up with Cingular, but i definitely didn't recieve DTG, however it is something that i would like to have. Do you have it by any chance so that I could load it?
    I posted about this in another thread, but perhaps this is a more appropriate location. I like Verichat but can't get it to support Chinese language writing. Nor could I get Causerie to do it. Chatoplus succeeds at it, but are there any other alternatives? I only need MSN service really. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobomaster
    Btw, I have an unlocked 650 that i signed up with Cingular, but i definitely didn't recieve DTG, however it is something that i would like to have. Do you have it by any chance so that I could load it?
    DTG is on the Software CD.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    VeriChat from www.pdaapps.com is a good one. They have a free trial of 30 days. The full version is $20-35 depending on if you want the bots. I installed it by mailing the .prc to my self.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just wish (with Verichat) that I could toggle to the name/ID for my ICQ contacts. Its annoying when i just get the number.

Yes you can hand-jam the name but i wish it would auto get it.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Are the bots included in Verichat or do they charge extra for a version with bots?
    Anybody having problems recieving files on verichat??
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Are the bots included in Verichat or do they charge extra for a version with bots?

PDA Apps charges $24.95 for 1 Year ($19.95/year thereafter) for the Basic version

AND $39.95 for 1 Year ($34.95/year thereafter) for the Premium version.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    does anyone know what kind of data usage verichat and causerie use
    will it be efficient for 5mb a month?

id probably use it a decent about through out the day
    Causerie has a nice little feature that shows you your data usage that might help. It's on the last menu
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Causerie has a nice little feature that shows you your data usage that might help. It's on the last menu
    woah..that would be perfect

does verichat have this also?

plus how much data do u guys rack up in a month..using your treo?
    unlimited is $45 with verizon..and thats definetly not convenient, being as im a poor college student..although im still gonne be paying $25 for only 5 mb!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast