Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am on the I Love Verichat chat with you guys. I use it alot, I love the file drop, helps when stupid MMS is down and fun to use. I chat with my friends on SideKicks all the time.
    verichat does it all....plus they keep updating their program almost every other week to stay ahead of the competition. The latest thing they added was a method of putting an icon on your applications (home page) that, when pressed, opens up verichat and opens a connection to a buddy of your choice.

to answer some one elses question, Verichat CAN be set in away mode.

Another....there is an option to set verichat to text you (using SMS messageing) when you have an incoming message...This not only allows you to appear online to your buddies, but it saves tons of battery usage. when you get this SMS message you have the options of Ignoring the message, (which will not open verichat) or you can chat. (which will open verichat and open a direct connection to your buddy).
    Tried a few also -- Verichat worked the best
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Verichat has been my killer app for 1.5 years - love it...
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Soft-reset-loop city.

Avoid at all costs.
    Why avoid AIM? Verichat is $24.95 and $19.95/year thereafter, so it's more expensive...
    schvetkaaks - Verichat is more expensive, but u get what u pay for. The program works better w/ the Treo and the 5 way navigation, and is updated more often. But don't take my word - Get the free trail.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I don't like my messages going through yet ANOTHER middle man, and I don't like RENTING my software.

I wish someone would build an AIM client that supports Direct Chat.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Verichat works pretty good. Other programs like Mundu don't work for T-Mobile tzones users such as myself. Verichat works perfectly and I've been very happy with it. Gonna ride out the two week evaluation period before buying it.
    Last edited by soulreaver99; 02/21/2005 at 05:00 AM.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Verichat rulez
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    I don't like my messages going through yet ANOTHER middle man, and I don't like RENTING my software.

I wish someone would build an AIM client that supports Direct Chat.
    Honestly, for verichat, what you pay a year is really hardly anything if you break it down by month.

I love Verichat - especially the following abilities:

1. Can update itself if you want it to. No need to d/l on PC and hotsync it. It will get newer versions over the phone's internet connection.

2. Ability to send files, or send a picture, or PRC from the phone and I can use Diddlebug and send what I draw right to someone on verichat. It's really convenient.

3. I like the buddy list. It's simple and compact. I've tried some others and the buddy list view is just not as user friendly, IMHO.
    If you use Yahoo IM, check out this free beta. They just released a new version (0.15)

http://www.burmeisterbrown.com/

Awesome program.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Is there any way to change the buddy list where it will show by group, i.e. "friends" and also takes the "offline" buddies out, so that way its easier to find a buddy. I have over 50 buddies and the category shows both offline and online users in a certain group. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Is there any way to change the buddy list where it will show by group, i.e. "friends" and also takes the "offline" buddies out, so that way its easier to find a buddy. I have over 50 buddies and the category shows both offline and online users in a certain group. Any help is appreciated.
    Causerie has this view
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord Focker
    Is there any way to change the buddy list where it will show by group, i.e. "friends" and also takes the "offline" buddies out, so that way its easier to find a buddy. I have over 50 buddies and the category shows both offline and online users in a certain group. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Are you asking about Yahoo Messenger? The Treo client does the same thing the PC client does - it groups buddies by the same groups you defined in the PC client, and you have the option of showing only online buddies, just like the PC client.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    sorry I was referring to verichat using AIM.
    Verichat user for almost 2 years. first with treo600 and now with treo650. It is excellent. Always on, great to keep in touch with office, family and send files, pictures documents. etc.
    I downloaded causerie and the interface seems to be much easier to use, the only thing that sucks is you cant dl or send pics or files, but other than that, the interface is way better than verichat. Please post if you think im wrong, I dont want to make a wrong purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    If you use Yahoo IM, check out this free beta. They just released a new version (0.15)

http://www.burmeisterbrown.com/

Awesome program.
    The link to the the .prc is currently broken. Anyone know of an alternate download site?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    I love VERICHAT...its been everything I hoped treo im'ing would be and more. For instance the other day I was talking to a friend on his PC (he was using AIM) and said hey dude Im at the car wash. I snapped a picture of my car with the treo sent it to him via Verichat and then sent him the verichat.prc file for his treo 600 all over Verichat's IM service. He installed it, started it up and we were both communicating in Verichat. It was one of those wow tech moments where you can't help but feel that ur on the bleeding edge.

I did the same thing on the first day I had it.. that's how easy it is to use. I have zero problems with it, except once I have chatted for a while on it, the message screen will blank out - but that seems because I've not closed the message box for a while... I love sending files via Verichat...too fun.
    Bek
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast