Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'm changing out the computer I use for my main backup and syncing of my Sprint 650. Is there anything special I need to do besides installing the PD software on the new PC and moving the Palm folders and files? I plan on syncing to the old computer before changing, then have the 650 override desktop for first sync to new PC. I have a few third party apps (FileZ, Handy Shopper, MathU Pro, Missing Sync (also sync to 2 Macs), Unit Convert, VeriChat) and Shadowmite DUN hack, Sprint Bluetooth update.

Both the old and the new computer are using Win XP.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Made the transfer to a new computer, and it worked great, at least on the second try.

I copied the entire folder from the old PC (Handspring in my case) and moved it to the new PC, THEN installed the Treo 650 Palm Desktop software on the new PC. Set all possible syncing options to handheld overwrites desktop for first run. Everything synced up fine; favorites, 3rd party software, even the Shadowmite DUN hack.

The first time I installed the PD software on the new machine first, and then moved the old folder over, which didn't work.