1.    #1  
    Let me state emphatically that I LOVE my AT&T/Cingluar GSM 650. But after having it for a week now, there are a couple little things that I wish worked like they do on the 600.

Most noticably, when you are in the favorites screen, the only way back to the dial pad is by scrolling all the way up. On the 600, you could always push the PHONE button to get back to the dial pad, but if you try that on the 650, it will dial the favorite that is currently selected. The same goes for viewing contacts. If a phone number is highlighted, pushing the PHONE button will dial that number (as will pushing the center button the 5-way). I wish the PHONE button was just something that got you back to the dial pad no matter where you were, instead of a half-assed attempt at a "Send" button, like normal cell phones have. The 650 is not a normal cell phone. It is a super-duper smartphone.

I've also noticed that when I sync with Now Contact (I'm a Mac user with Missing Sync), it maps all my addresses to the "Work" heading, without differentiating between "Work" and "Home". But this sounds more like a Now Software issue (they need to adjust for the new device).

And of course, I miss having VolKeys to allow for scrolling by page using the volume keys (the program hasn't been optimized for the 650 yet). Butler does not allow you to scroll by page using the volume keys, only by item, just like the 5-way up and down.

I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts.

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by leefarber
    The same goes for viewing contacts. If a phone number is highlighted, pushing the PHONE button will dial that number (as will pushing the center button the 5-way). I wish the PHONE button was just something that got you back to the dial pad no matter where you were, instead of a half-assed attempt at a "Send" button, like normal cell phones have. The 650 is not a normal cell phone. It is a super-duper smartphone.
    Unless the GSM phones are different, only highlighting the number will dial. If the contacts name is highlighted, and you push send, it goes back to the dial pad.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Correct. It just seems odd to me that there are two buttons that select a contact to dial (green PHONE button and the center button of the 5-way) and NO buttons to get you back to the dial pad!
    Most noticably, when you are in the favorites screen, the only way back to the dial pad is by scrolling all the way up. On the 600, you could always push the PHONE button to get back to the dial pad, but if you try that on the 650, it will dial the favorite that is currently selected. The same goes for viewing contacts. If a phone number is highlighted, pushing the PHONE button will dial that number (as will pushing the center button the 5-way). I wish the PHONE button was just something that got you back to the dial pad no matter where you were, instead of a half-assed attempt at a "Send" button, like normal cell phones have. The 650 is not a normal cell phone. It is a super-duper smartphone.
    Agreed. The Dpad center button is bigger anyway and easier to use, I don't need the Phone key to do the same thing. But they're trying to cater to folks who are used to these type of buttons on their regular cell phones I think, to make it more "phone" like

And of course, I miss having VolKeys to allow for scrolling by page using the volume keys (the program hasn't been optimized for the 650 yet). Butler does not allow you to scroll by page using the volume keys, only by item, just like the 5-way up and down.
    Yep, would be nice to
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    on the 600, whenever i'd miss a call, i'd access the phone app, hit the phone button again to bring up the last dialed calls/call log menu, highlight and select call log, and right away push the center button again to call that person back.

with the 650, it's for the most part the same, yet after accessing the call log, unless you press the up key first, and then center, it won't redial the last missed call, but instead, backs you out to the dialer pad screen.

very miniscule, yes i'm aware, but i still miss it nevertheless. really it's my extensive use of the 600 that has perpetuated this inconvenience. at least it's not as bad as the people that complain about the fraction of a second lag between the home screen and dialer pad when the phone button is depressed now that's some high-maintenance complainage!
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    on the 600, whenever i'd miss a call, i'd access the phone app, hit the phone button again to bring up the last dialed calls/call log menu, highlight and select call log, and right away push the center button again to call that person back.
    This was well noted when the CDMA 650 came out. I even asked a Palmone Rep at CES about this. He was trying to convince me it was a feature not a bug. Give yourself 2 more weeks and you will find a few more things that the 600 did a lot better.
    On the 600, you could press almost any key and the ringer would silence when there was an incoming call. On my unlocked 650, this doesn't work. The ringer keeps on going. This is particularly a problem when you use a case that has only the side buttons exposed. You have to take the phone out of the case to silence the ringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by infobhan
    On the 600, you could press almost any key and the ringer would silence when there was an incoming call. On my unlocked 650, this doesn't work. The ringer keeps on going. This is particularly a problem when you use a case that has only the side buttons exposed. You have to take the phone out of the case to silence the ringer.
    actually, hitting the side-rocker buttons silences any incoming ringers on my 650!
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Lee
    Butler does this very nicely and the latest version has no issues with the 650
  10.    #10  
    Actually, it doesn't. As I said in my post, Butler does not allow you to scroll BY PAGE using the volume keys, only by item, just like the 5-way up and down. It seems a little silly to give the volume keys the exact same functionality as the up and down on the 5-way. I liked differentiating by making the volume keys a page-at-a-time scroll.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes

with the 650, it's for the most part the same, yet after accessing the call log, unless you press the up key first, and then center, it won't redial the last missed call, but instead, backs you out to the dialer pad screen.
    I agree. I'm used to immediately pressing down to start scrolling on that screen, now, I have to remember to press up first, then I can scroll down.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....