Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I haven't had any crashes with Agendus, but I don't have Verichat installed. You might try uninstalling it and see if that is causing the conflict. You can always load it back.
    Unfortunately this is my third go around with 9.02. It worked great on my Clie TH55 but is truly being a PITA on the 650.

Another thought I had was an issue between Treo's image handaling and Agendus Photo app. Launching the camera app directly after Agendus actually crashed the Treo. The camera app has never crashed on me before. I do have images shown on the list view of Agendus' contact list which is why I'm thinking this issue exists.

Bleh... just throwing darts in the dark.
    Well I unchecked Show Tabs and Show Photo in the Contact view and switching from contacts to zLauncher via the Home button no longer crashes Agendus. I'm wondering if anyone one there with Agendus 9.02 and cares to try to replicate this. Attach photos to a few contacts, check Show Photos so you see the photos in the list of contacts, then scroll up and down the contact list a few times then hit the home button. This caused a soft-reset on my Treo at least 80% of the time.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    A few things I do not like about Agendus: emails to their support take days to reply. What's the point? 3 days for a reply? Is this Russian software? Yes we have bread, sit here for 3 days to get it.

It does not work on the MAC.

I hear a lot about crashes.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    when running adgenus can you delete the calander or is there a way to not have adgendus calander and the palm calander so there is not a dupe?
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    You don't have to run Agendus if you don't want, even if it is installed. Then you can use the poorer palm calander. both programs use the same data base.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    no i mean can i not have that same data in the calander only in adgendus to not a have a dup calander? if not bc is way better in that reguard
    i dont want an adgendus calander and the palm calander, so is there a way to set it not to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    no i mean can i not have that same data in the calander only in adgendus to not a have a dup calander? if not bc is way better in that reguard
    i dont want an adgendus calander and the palm calander, so is there a way to set it not to do that?

Since they use the same database, no unless you eliminated the calander program. What's the need to not have it duplicate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoko
    Well I unchecked Show Tabs and Show Photo in the Contact view and switching from contacts to zLauncher via the Home button no longer crashes Agendus. I'm wondering if anyone one there with Agendus 9.02 and cares to try to replicate this. Attach photos to a few contacts, check Show Photos so you see the photos in the list of contacts, then scroll up and down the contact list a few times then hit the home button. This caused a soft-reset on my Treo at least 80% of the time.
    Having the Show Photos option causes my Treo to display a blank white screen when swiching out of Agendus and then I need to reset to get out of it. So don't use the show photos option.
    Anyone having trouble with Agendus probably had Datebook 5 or similar version installed prior to agendus and the two don't get along. Check your ram files for any datebook files and move or delete them accordingly. I'd would move them to SD card in case it was a file you might need. Once you do that you should be good to go. Unless another 3rd party scheduler file is the culprit. It worked for me. Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    It does not work on the MAC.

I hear a lot about crashes.
    What are you using as your PIM? I'm having problems syncing with my iCals since I have about 10 I use. If I made new categories in Agendus, which I'm trying out right now, would the iCal with the same name sync properly with items on the Treo with that name? For example, if I had an iCal called "work" and make "work" a category in Agendus, would it keep the events categorized?

I just got a tons of duplicates last night trying to get one PIM to work with iCal
    Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Don't let Agendus handle alarms
    Forgive me if I somehow missed this in the manual (yes, I did look), but how do you disable Agendus alarms? Can you set the native PIM apps to handle alarms, and if so, does it solve the "60-second freeze" problem when an alarm sounds? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Forgive me if I somehow missed this in the manual (yes, I did look), but how do you disable Agendus alarms? Can you set the native PIM apps to handle alarms, and if so, does it solve the "60-second freeze" problem when an alarm sounds? Thanks.
    Menu>Options>Preferences>Alarms
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Thanks. Guess I should have specified that I'm running 9.01. I don't have an "options" choice in the menu, and Preferences>Alarms is pretty sparse. Maybe this option was added in 9.02 or 9.03?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Hmmm...thats odd. You don't have Options at all? I'm using 9.03, so I can't remember if 9.01 has it. Sorry
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Not in the menu. I have a tool icon at the bottom of the screen that includes a Show Options choice. The options shown vary depending on which view you're in, but I haven't found one for disabling alarms.

I've downloaded 9.03 but haven't installed it yet. Hopefully that'll do the trick.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    There are several factors I've come across that cause soft resets with Agendus... I've worked with Agendus since 2 PDAs ago (palm m505 & Treo600) and I must say "More Features- More problems" especially on the T650. However, I still like the functions it offers, and I've worked through most of the problems:

1) Yes, Selecting images from the PDA to display in Agendus seems like a consistent problem. I've had resets both from displaying photos linked to contacts as well as having a photo as background (Agenda view) that was not the Agendus-stocked flower-pic.
    2) Using SelectText, I believe it's called, while editing an Agendus contact OR Appointment seems fatal!
    3) Editing OR Deleting OR MarkingComplete ANY annual repeating event seems to be fatal! This applies to Annual Events that I had already in my Calendar that imported into the T650 when I upgraded to it. This may be related to the handling of alarms, so i'll see if I can find the Option to change this.
    4) For whatever reason, i found Agendus Mail painfully slow on the T650. Having used SnapperMail before, I may go back to it, as I'm not much impressed with VersaMail, and SnapperMail2 Pro & Enterprise editions will archive messages on the External Card so you don't lose valuable on-board memory. Perhaps with VersaMail fully removed, this won't be an issue.
    5) I had significant delays in sending & receiving SMS with Agendus, so I'm using Messaging. There was a problem in previous versions of Agendus with setting Messaging as Default SMS handler, but now this choice is in Preferences.

Hope this helps.
    For more details, Agendus also has a User's Forum at http://support.iambic.com/forum/ which helped me a great deal b/c it gave me access to the Beta that first worked on T650 compatibility.
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    I am using Agendus Pro v9.03 and I am having problem in the Contacts.

For example, I have number listed to show a phone number for a contact, but it shows that person's email address instead.

I've tried retyping the email number and other things too but can't seem to correct the problem.

Also, if anyone know how to select the number you want to show in the contacts view, that would be great! For example, Joe has a home #, mobile #, and work #, and I want the home # to be displayed.
    Found it thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    has anyone tried this program? i would like it to know how it compares to 2day or datebook

thanks for your responses
    Agendus is a "Great" program but compared to 2day and Takephone used in conjunction, there is "No" comparison.

The combination offers the greatest of flexiabilty and allows you to do more with far less key strokes. I have found instances when the 5 way recognition in Agendus isn't total and leaves me with only a stylus option...not acceptable to me.

You can try both scenerios for free and judge for yourself
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I dropped takephone already for the standard contact screen and 2day simple doesn't add enough use. Agendus is strongest at adding appointments and outclasses the standard datebook by a lot.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast