1.    #1  
    On the Zire 71, when it's off you could press the joystick in (think Center button on the 5way) and the screen would come on displaying the clock in a huge font and then 3 seconds later power down again.

I don't wear a wristwatch so that was a valuable function for me.

Is there anyway I can achieve the same thing with the 650?

(Mapping a hard key to World Clock isn't a viable solution for me)
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    You could always just press the calendar or phone button, look at the time at the top and just wait for the keyguard to power down the screen again. That's what I do.
    ClockPop5, it's free and works pretty well (assigned to my SMS button when I hold it down)

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=51504

EDIT -- you do need to to turn the screen on first, and since holding the red phone button (which would be optimal) turns off the phone, it's not perfect...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/17/2005 at 10:22 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    yea-clockpop is awesome
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    How do u use clock pop on a treo 650. I can never get it to work.
    simple instructions please
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
  6. gcs
    Hi,

I'm using ClockPop5 just fine on my new 650 (just upgraded from a 600, so far, it ROCKS). I did have to increase the delay, as messed up turning the phone on.

My Settings:
    Trigger Button = Memo (aka, red power button)
    Delay = 36
    All other items are checked (except "Show seconds")

Now, it takes a quick press on the red power button to turn on, then I hold the red power button to get clock pop to pop up. I have to disable it when I want to turn my phone off, but I hardly ever need to do that...

Hope this helps,
    George
    another vote for clock pop5, top 5 app for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcs
    I'm using ClockPop5 just fine on my new 650 (just upgraded from a 600, so far, it ROCKS). I did have to increase the delay, as messed up turning the phone on.

My Settings:
    Trigger Button = Memo (aka, red power button)
    Delay = 36
    All other items are checked (except "Show seconds")

Now, it takes a quick press on the red power button to turn on, then I hold the red power button to get clock pop to pop up. I have to disable it when I want to turn my phone off, but I hardly ever need to do that...

I'm using the same setup as gcs above, except that I found the winding the delay down to the minimum 9 (1/60s sec) removes a lot of the sometimes needing to press the power button a few times to get the screen to turn on.