Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had a treo 600 and loved it. I finally received the 650 GSM (unlocked), and I am extremely dissappointed. Its a real let down. All I have loaded up is Goodlink and KeySuite (which has better diary and contacts apps)... the bare minimum and the stuff I HAVE to have... AND I AM ALREADY OUT OF MEMORY!!!! Also, the speakerphone sucks, the speed is barely better than the Treo 600 and even though the screen is better, most apps are still using the same size fonts so I am not benefitting from the increased resolution. OK it looks a little nicer and the keyboard is a little better. If I didnt have a phone then its an OK buy. But for those of you thinking to upgrade. Think twice about what your needs are. $600 for a shiny new phone that is less capable than the old phone ... it doesnt stack up (unlike the memory). The flash storage chip could easily have been 128MB. Thats what this phone needs.
  2.    #2  
    I had a treo 600 and loved it. I finally received the 650 GSM (unlocked), and I am extremely dissappointed. Its a real let down. All I have loaded up is Goodlink and KeySuite (which has better diary and contacts apps)... the bare minimum and the stuff I HAVE to have... AND I AM ALREADY OUT OF MEMORY!!!! Also, the speakerphone sucks, the speed is barely better than the Treo 600 and even though the screen is better, most apps are still using the same size fonts so I am not benefitting from the increased resolution. OK it looks a little nicer and the keyboard is a little better. If I didnt have a phone then its an OK buy. But for those of you thinking to upgrade. Think twice about what your needs are. $600 for a shiny new phone that is less capable than the old phone ... it doesnt stack up (unlike the memory). The flash storage chip could easily have been 128MB. Thats what this phone needs.
    I think It's awesome! just got yesteryday. now this is new for me so maybe that makes a difference. As for getting the most out of the screen, try the preferences. First thing I did was set Blazer to small fonts and now it's awesome. I'm posting from my 650 now.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I disagree! I also had a 600 and I am soooooo glad I upgraded! The screen is a blessing and my 650 is a lot faster than my 600. I love the keyboard and the camera is infinitely better. I have downloaded Vindigo on it and I may add another thing or 2. If memory becomes an issue I'll get a bigger memory card.
    next....
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    I am with you. I find myself using my 600 more than my 650. The main reason is call volume and sound quality. I was all set to sell my 600; but now that isn't an option. Until they fix the volume and some how fix the memory issues, I am staying with my 600. Maybe things will change when I receive my HBH-660 (volume)........My IT dept will not support the 650 via Intellisync until Palm patches some of the PIM issues.
    You know, this is really very simple. If you don't like the 650, take it back or sell it. Neither the 600 nor 650 is perfect. Personnally, I think the 650 is better overall, but not dramatically so. There are solutions to most of the things you're complaining about, however, if you spend some time reading the forums instead of using them just to complain. For example, I have several dozen apps loaded, and 8 MB of free memory.
    I was surprised at just how much difference the screen makes in certain apps, and there are fonts available for many. The keyboard is a major improvement, to me.

But this is America, right? And we all have the freedom to choose. No one's going to make you keep your 650 if you're unhappy with it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I love the phone but the sound volume is to low!
    I like it better then the 600
    I have no comment since I still haven't received mine after half a month now.
    yawn.
    yawn.
    I too disagree. My 650 is the best all in one product I have ever owned! considering it is a phone, web browser, PIM, e-mail client, camera, etc. I am more than impressed with what Palm has done. Are there issues with it - sure, a few. But for me I wouldn't trade mine on for anything! (typed on my Unlocked 650 - one of the four I purchased and not one with any "issues"!)
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Not me, man. Not me.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24

In GOD, G.W. Bush, and U.S. Armed Forces I Trust!

Well, two out of three ain't bad.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by petemeister
    My IT dept will not support the 650 via Intellisync until Palm patches some of the PIM issues.
    please elaborate on the PIM issues.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Don't forget, the camera is also a lot better, especially in low light.

Also, another thing. Why is it that people get jumped on whenever they post a desenting view about the Treo? I know this is "Treo" Central, but if someone posts a legitimate, non-raving, non-trolling criticism, that's no excuse for "next" and "yawn" messages.

TreoCentral has a very bad rep outside the Treo world as being a "Third Reich" board - love it or get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    TreoCentral has a very bad rep outside the Treo world as being a "Third Reich" board - love it or get out.
    Can you refrain from the idiotic remarks? You were fine until that last line. It makes you look like a moron.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Welcome to memory gulch.
    Of course, only a few people are affected by the memory issue, according to the execs at F1.

Dale, you vill be punished for ze negative talk! Du bist nein freunde von TC! :-)

(I agree that dissenters are stomped on here, esp. those with legitimate beefs).

Otter, you need to lighten up.
    Remember, three reichs make a left....
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Well, two out of three ain't bad.
    it looks like bushes head just exploded ala 'scanners'
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast